• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

My zelda based videogame, what I am doing when not fanediting.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I always loved zelda 3 on the snes and I wanted a continuation of it since I was a child. It's been over 30 years and I learnt a lot and a couple years ago, I embarked on this project.

stage 1: Recreate zelda 3 in 3d with my own style of art.
stage 2: Show it off to become so popular that Nintendo send me legal threats.
stage 3: Change the layout of the world and the character designs etc. to be unique enough that it's considered original.
stage 4: Forge a narrative structure and new weapons and dungeons to resemble how I would have liked a sequel to have gone.
stage 5: Profit.

Most recently I've been working on rigging my character and getting the basic run animation done. I'm really happy with this.

89zbSFk.png

This is the state of my start area. It took a long while to develop the art style and keep the assets consistent. I'm especially pleased with the roof. I modelled detailed tile shape and then simplified that into a normal map. The grass is an ongoing point of contention for me. The current grass is procedurally generated by a shader and there are issues with the colour when I change the lighting conditions. I'm not very well read on shader code so I haven't figured it out yet. I have been trying to study HLSL which is shader code, but my mental faculties just aren't there right now. can't take anything in that's too complicated.
The trees, fence and rocks are placed using a script i wrote to tile objects. I simply create a box and click a button and the script places the objects in a regular pattern in my box.

I hope you've found this interesting and please give me your thoughts and let me know if you're interested in learning more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom