• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

My Fair Lady: Audrey Sings!

catferoze

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

My Fair Lady: Audrey Sings restores Audrey Hepburn's singing voice where she was dubbed over by Marni Nixon. I was a bit surprised to find this hadn't been done since enough recordings have come to light to replace most, if not all, of Audrey's dubbed vocals (no such luck yet for Jeremy Brett). I find the dubbed singing unnatural and jarring and much prefer Audrey's voice, even if she sometimes struggles to hit her notes. The recording and performance quality varies, and I had to make some adjustments to the footage to get the mouth synced for a few songs. I also copied and adjusted a few recordings to fill in a few spots where I was missing Audrey's voice (mainly the Wouldn't It Be Loverly reprise), eliminating almost all the dubbing (Marni Nixon dub remains in "The Rain In Spain").
Replaced songs: "Wouldn't It Be Loverly", "Just You Wait", "Show Me", "I Could Have Danced All Night", "Without You".
Runtime is about 20 seconds shorter due to the timing adjustments made to sync the vocals.

Last edited:
Here's how Without You turned out after adjusting the timing of the footage to get the lip sync right
password: fanedit

One wonders how many other films could have the pre-dubbing singing voices re-instated, or how many are good enough that this would be warranted. Doesn’t sound too bad at all here, on the flip side there are a few films I can think of that might have benefitted from a ghost-singer!

As can be heard in that clip of Without You, the blending of the original accompaniment with the new recording is out of sync in several places. In my Premiere project it was just fine, but I couldn't figure out why it was desyncing after export. I ended up redoing the audio editing in Audition and exporting that to my Premiere project which seemed to do the trick. I'm guessing it was the audio stretching that was Premiere wasn't handling properly, perhaps something that I'm missing in my export settings.

Anyway, the edit seems good to go now and I will hopefully be submitting this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom