• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

MPEG2 in Premiere CS3

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So tonight I have learned that Adobe Premiere CS3 handles MPEG2. Awesome! Now, does anyone know if it's possible to edit in MPEG2 here and export it without recompression? That would be the ideal, but given the source material I'm working with (the Star Wars Holiday Special), it won't be the end of the world if I have to recompress.

Yeah you can export a lossless avi thru Premiere, very easy to do :)

Not what I was asking to do, since I'd have to recompress it back to MPEG2 afterward, but the projected I was wondering for is done now anyway. I figured out it's possible to "smart render" (i.e. export original data and only recompress changes, like Womble) using the MainConcept MPEG plugin, but it wouldn't work properly for me, so I gave up and recompressed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom