• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

MPEG -4 Movie Editor

Funny you mentioning apsect ratio cause I've just uploaded the video and the ration isn't coming out right. It's really strange I exported the file in Premiere Pro as a 720x480 avi file, but now it looks squeezed and there's black bars either side of the video on youtube.

what did you set the pixel aspect ratio (PAR) to? 720x480 is the standard DVD video dimensions, with non-square pixels. For both fullscreen, and widescreen videos, the picture is anamorphed (640x480, and 854x480, respectively). If you are creating an AVI file, there really is no need to use non-square pixels. So your output should be set to the dimensions I just listed, depending on whether or not you have a fullscreen or widescreen video. Youtube isnt always the best at dealing with anamorphic video either. Your PAR should be 1:1

Hi Throw, below are the screen shots of the file settings and the export settings I used.

The File Settings The Video Was Made In
filesettings.jpg

The Export Settings
exportsettings.jpg

OK, so you exported a lagarith AVI, and uploaded that to youtube? if that is the case, then there is nothing wrong with your export. However, most programs do not recognize the PAR flags in a lagarith video, and youtube often has trouble recognizing and adjusting for anamorphic video. My suggestion is to either export to a different format - something compressed with a PAR of 1:1 (your video dimensions will not be 720x480, more like the ratio of 854x480) or convert your exported lagarith to something with a PAR of 1:1 (this may be a little more complicated for you).

Did it!

Cheers Throw. I remembered in Premiere there's an Encode section that exports the footage as MPEGS and that did the trick!

Below are the full instructions in case anyone else has a similar issue infuture

1. Download & install the Lagarith Codec. Found here
Download & install Avisynth. Found here
Download VirtualDub. Found here

2. Open notepad and type
DirectShowSource("C:\YourDirectory\YourVideo.mp4", fps=29.97)

For further info on what else you can write in the Avisynth script click here

Then save as
avisynth.avs

3. Open VirtualDub
4. Open the avisynth.avs file
5. Then go to 'Video', 'Compression' select the 'Lagarith Lossless Codec' and press 'OK'
6. Then go to 'File' and then 'Save as AVI'
7. Import the Avi file into Adobe Premiere Pro and edit accordingly.
8. Once the mince is nicely browned then pour on the gravy and... Whoops! Sorry that's the instructions to make a Sheppard's Pie.:? How did that get in there! :D
9. When you have completed your edit go to 'File', 'Export' and then 'Adobe Media Encoder'
10. In the 'Format' drop down menu at the top you'll find a variety of formats from MPEG1 to MPEG2 to Real Player. When you have selected your format you'll probably find there are a variety of settings for each format. At this point which format and which setting you use for that format depends on your project and will probably require a bit of testing and trial and error. But once you've decided which format and settings to go with click 'OK'
11. When you have created your file take a step back from your PC and copy the dance below!

Hi guys,
Having some trouble with a HD file.

I've just got Windows 7 and my family friend gave me some wedding footage to turn into a DVD for them but I'm having trouble getting into VirtualDub as the video file is a bit odd.

Here's what MediaInfo says
2qn44uh.jpg

Here's what Virtualdub says
307u3xu.jpg

Here's one of the small files I've been sent.
https://rapidshare.com/files/4269056832/S10000 (2).MP4

Hey FatherMerrin, can you post your avisynth script. That might help in determining the problem.

Here's the script I made.
DirectShowSource("C:\Users\John O'Shea\Desktop\S10000(2).mp4", fps=29.97)
ReduceBy2

Here's the error message I got
r0tk3r.jpg

So it seems like mp4 is not supported. What you can try is a little free program called "Yamb", once installed on the left hand side there will be an editing option, click on it, and there will be a choice for you to extract streams from an MP4 file (essentially demuxing it).

Also, other options, (seriously not trying to be a wise ass) but a google search might yield some good results from the forums at videohelp or doom9.

Are you just trying to burn the file to a DVD. There are probably hundreds of simple solutions that will do everything automatically. I might try the Nero trial first.

I recommend never installing Nero on your machine... Also, what post were you referring to, FM? I think this is a codec issue. I've had these messages on new installs. Just make sure all your codecs are installed and up to date, and then try the script again.

TV's Frink said:

lmfao
Sorry, I still haven't got used to the updated forum. When I visited the thread it took me back to the first page with Throw's original comment so when I logged in I didn't notice I was taken to the last page. Hence me thinking Throw's message was removed lmfao.

You can tell I don't visit as much as I used to can't you lol

Anyway....

Right, I'll check out my codecs and let you know how I get on.

This is very annoying and has happened to me on a few threads now. When I first click on this thread it starts with post #1 after about 5 seconds posts 1 through 16 disappear and the first post I can read is now post #17 with no way to go back a page or anything.

Greasemonkey is off so I know it's not a script at my end that's causing it.

e2a: Since posting this I can only see post #18 and above. I can also stop it loosing the posts by refreshing and manually stopping the page loading.

nOmArch said:
This is very annoying and has happened to me on a few threads now. When I first click on this thread it starts with post #1 after about 5 seconds posts 1 through 16 disappear and the first post I can read is now post #17 with no way to go back a page or anything.

Greasemonkey is off so I know it's not a script at my end that's causing it.

e2a: Since posting this I can only see post #18 and above. I can also stop it loosing the posts by refreshing and manually stopping the page loading.

weird. I don't know what's going on there. I haven't experienced that. You should PM Q2 about it. He would be the one to sort it out.

@Frink : :lol::lol::lol::lol:

@FM: keep us posted. :)

ThrowgnCpr said:
weird. I don't know what's going on there. I haven't experienced that. You should PM Q2 about it. He would be the one to sort it out.

Done and ooohhhhh check out Q's fancy automated message thingy.

nOmArch said:
Done and ooohhhhh check out Q's fancy automated message thingy.

I <3 Q for showing me that trick so i don't have to respond to the stupid pm's

Back
Top Bottom