• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Moving To The US From England.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep. I had my interview for my Immigrant Visa at the US Embassy in London yesterday and was approved. I'm absolutely delighted and just want to share the news with you.

I've lived in England all of my 42 years and married my wife in February 2009. She is from Virginia. We married in Virginia, but have lived here in England since then. We started the Visa process last November when we had an offer from one of her relatives, of rent free accommodation in exchange for looking after a main house (used twice a year in July and December for holidays) and 25 acres of land. We were initially going to live in England for a few years, but offers like this don't come along very often and we just had to go.

I'd post a picture of the cottage, but my wife says no-one is allowed to see it until her Dad has finished painting the outside. I hope this aerial view will give you an idea of what the property is like though.

09271b25.jpg

looks like a great place to live. good luck with the move

Metrostar said:
...we had an offer from one of her relatives, of rent free accommodation in exchange for looking after a main house (used twice a year in July and December for holidays)
Congratulations man.
Looks like a sweet situation!

I'm sorry, but for some reason, that sentence brings to mind The Shining... :lol:

Cheers ThrowgnCpr, and zeppelinrox, you are not the first to mention The Shining! My wife has never seen it, I have it, but she's stressed enough as it is. Maybe I'll put it on when we get settled in... Or re-enact it. :lol:

And maybe photoshop yourself into an old black and white group photo for good measure!

yeah dude thats a great idea photoshop yourself into the pic at the end and see if she notices :)

It HAS to be done. I'll let you know... :lol:

I'm sorry you are not as excited about yours as I am about mine.

Dont forget to take maddonna with you :D

Metrostar said:
It HAS to be done. I'll let you know... :lol:

Would it be too far to print out a thousand pages of All fun and no play makes Metrostar a dull boy?

Seriously though, that sounds like an awesome opportunity. Virginia is some beautiful country.

Metrostar said:
I'm sorry you are not as excited about yours as I am about mine.
It's sad because I need the money. I think I can get a better start at film making if I can have more creative control than Hollywood would give me. Europe would offer me a more artistic canvas.

Thanks again. I got my visa by courier a couple of days ago. They stick it to one of the pages in your passport. It comes in a big a4 size package with an envelop with all your documents in. You are instructed NOT to open this envelope. That it will be opened by immigration on arrival in the US.

Hey EyeShotFirst, I hope it all goes well for you over here. I don't know if the UK is your best shot, but the rest of Europe should have some good opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom