• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Movie Sequels that are Better than the Original.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the title of the thread here is a list of "Movies where the Sequel is better than the Original" (in my opinion).

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Some of you may disagree with me on this but I think the second film is better than the original overall just because it is more fun to watch, but I feel the whole premise of the sequel is just more interesting than the first. And while I'm on the subject of Terminator I also think Terminator 3 is very underrated and I don't understand the hate against it, fair enough it is nowhere near the greatness of the other two films but it is nowhere near a bad film.

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

I love this film! More than either of the other ones in the trilogy. This film is 10 times more funny and 10 times more interesting than the original and to be honest I adore the original to bits.

What sequels do you all think are better than original?

Last edited:
28 Weeks Later

The original 28 Days Later was very good too, but I prefer the slightly faster and more hollywood plot arc of the second film. The first one while great is pretty slow, dark, and a bit one note - good but not something I'd rewatch often. It's a shame that 28 Months Later is still in limbo, it's one of the better zombie series and I wouldn't mind another sequel.

Ooh, here's a fun thread!

-While I like TMP, the best Star Trek movie is undoubtably amongst the sequels. Most will say 2 is the best, I'm more partial to 3 and 6.

-Highlander 2 is better than Highlander 1 and I will die on this hill. The original is both boring and badly edited. The second is at least more fun. There's some "so bad it's good" elements, so maybe it doesn't count.

Hellboy 2 is better than the first. It's just GDT at his finest, beautiful fairytale fantasy stuff. The first is still good, but it's more akin to your typical superhero movie (still has some nice GDT stuff, but he doesn't go all out).

The Wrath of Khan for sure, but then, it barely even counts as a sequel to TMP; it's more like a soft reboot.

Anyhow, if we're sticking with just part twos:
- Pirates... Dead Man's Chest: better story, better villain, better action, better production values, better everything than Curse.
- The Dark Knight: not hard, because Batman Begins sucks.
- Spider-Man 2: similar deal - SM1 is mediocre at best.
- Ditto Deadpool 2.
- BvS: DoJ is bad, but Man of Steel is worse.
- X2: X-Men is great; X2 is better.
- Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Doctor Strange improved in their second flicks. I'd call Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, and Far From Home ties.
- Chamber of Secrets, probably, for Branagh and the basilisk.
- Before Sunset, though Sunrise is great, too.
- I do enjoy The Da Vinci Code as a cheesefest, but Angels and Demons is probably better overall.

Back
Top Bottom