• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Motivation

Slade Harrison

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve been wanting to get back into the fan editing but I feel like I lost my spark of creativity. I had planned on making my own original movies and content, but it all had fell through. I think I should get back into fan editing and I just need to think about what it is I would like to edit on.

You need to find your spark. what made you enthusiastic about it when you originally took an interest in it?
If whatever that was doesn't make you feel enthusiastic then you may be dealing with a type of depressive symptoms. I can feel that way when I have a large amount of difficulty achieving a task and I lose faith in myself. I generally need to find some solution to that thing to restore my confidence in myself and get my mojo back.
I think trying to force it can compound the issue though, so I think you need to resolve whatever it is that took your spark.

You can do it!!

Try listening to music, and/or music you might like to use in an edit. I get most of my ideas when my headphones are in. Go on a bike ride or drive around listening to music and let your mind wander. BUT ALSO WATCH THE ROAD. But you know what I mean. Or go on a walk and jam out and come up with ideas. I drive a lot in my job and come up with a lot of ideas or work through a lot of my ideas in my head while jamming to tunes while driving for my job.

Back
Top Bottom