• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mist: Dad Friendly Edition, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, did the editor achieved the end goal of fully removing Billy? Absolutely. Not only through extensive audio and video editing, but also by using AI. Impressive! The new ending is a great improvement over the original. I mean, seriously, the US military appears and the mist goes away? A bit on the nose… The new ending keeps the tone similar to the rest of the film, and makes much more sense. One thing I would have preferred here would be a lot less CGI monsters. My personal taste, of course. But both in the original and in this edit, I’ve felt the huge amount of CGI after the first act partially ruins the suspense and the uneasiness (both work great at the beginning because we see almost no “CGI monster shots”). My ideal edit for this film would try to replicate the first act's suspense for as long as possible. An example: the creepy baby spiders’ scene (my favorite section of the film) would work even better if we hadn’t already watched the many CGI flying bugs before. Or the many CGI adult spiders.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom