• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

menu / slideshow question

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am still getting some things together for my spumco project and I have a bunch of scans from some comic books. Each page of the comic is scanned and I was going to incorporate these into the DVD somehow, and was looking for suggestions. Should they be made into a slideshow movie with a set duration for each page?, or should they be made into menus, where the viewer can control how long to look at each one?

What do you prefer? A good show, where you can relax, or clicking through pictures? If you can make a choice there, then this should be your choice.

I would favor a set and well effected slideshow with some text or maybe even a commentary and of course background music.

thats what I was leaning toward. I didnt want the viewer to have to work too hard to experience the comic. I prefer the well effected slideshow with music, etc, but the only thing that was making me wonder was if the set duration would be enough for some people. I think I will probably go with slideshow, and see how it works out. thanks boon

Well 1 of 2 things can happen... you can set the duration too fast, and slow readers may miss out... or you could set it too slow and the quick readers will become bored waiting for the page to turn... In that respect, I'd vote for a manual click... but then again, that's extra work. I see your dilemma... haha. I'd say slideshow with music, but you are gonna have to do a WIDE test on all types of people/readers to find the right duration.

I'd say let's stick to average. Ask a friend to watch it, and if he could then it's set. Usually I let an image stay no longer than 10 seconds and I try to most of the times include a little zoom, because it is more comfortable for the eye to see something moving.

ok, sounds good boon. i think i am also going to try to only show a few cells at a time, instead of the whole comic page. that might help things a bit

I found that Ulead Media Stuido Pro has a fantastic "moving path" option which is a) great quality and b) absolutely customable, so you could show a page, zoom into it, gor from image to image, which coudl be a great experiece. Only catch: There is a limit to the maximum image size of 4000x4000 (as far as I remember) so you can not use bigger images.

i will have to check that out. i doubt my images will be larger than 4000x4000, so that shouldn't be an issue

Back
Top Bottom