• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Meet Bear

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well due to some rather fortuitous circumstances and a hefty bit of luck i am now looking after a simply gorgeous long haired male Rad Doll.

Hes a rescue cat that was found by the side of a road about 9 months ago and was in a terrible state, coat was completely matted up and he had to be taken to the vets and put under so they could be removed and him cleaned up. ive had him about five days now and hes settling in nicely although running away from Puddy still.

CHeck this out for info on the breed

anyway here are some pics, sorry about the quality but i had to use my phone and hes wasnt being very cooperative.

bear5.png

bear4.jpg

pic1y.png

pic5.png

pic4c.png

pic3o.png

pic2c.png

Note for Boon: notice the new carpets?

if after looking at these you are thinking hes quite large, then you'd be right he weighs about 20lbs and is the size of a large staffy bull terrier!

God help me when Reggie (7 months, Male BSH) turns up on monday! 8)

Cats Rule.

indeed, tell me about it! :)

phone pics only look reasonable cos they were reduced from 1280x960.

with any luck, as hes getting more chilled by the day, i should be able to get a couple of nice shots with my proper camera in a few days. what i would really like is to get a shot with Puddy in it for a good comparison sizewise.

nice. my girlfriend and I are looking to adopt a cat to replace our deceased feline "the pussmater general" who we took in off the streets a few months ago. he developed a bloodclot and passed last month. I wasnt as attached as she was but it was still a sad time.

He looks excellent nOm.

I'm really chuffed you have a new cat - and a rescue cat at that.

thanks white :) rescue animals are where its at for me as well.

This is Holly. I adopted her from a flat below(bad upbringing, left to her own devices). She's very nervous, but she's quite affectionate so long as you don't pick her up to often or expect her to sit on you lap! I've had her for two years now - and I could'nt be without her.

photos003.jpg

aawwwwwww :) what a gorgeous little girl and what markings! re the nervousness have you tried out feliway? its a synthetic 'safe' pheromone that cats secrete from their cheek glands and if you spray it round the house and cat head height it really chills them out.

mileage may vary but its worked quite well with my lot.

Yea - she has fantastic markings - tabby/tortoiseshell cross. She has a brother who has the same markings but ginger, although he bullied her alot. We moved away. :)

I was looking at that Felliway stuff, as we moved at the beginning of November and she's not well settled. 'Ghosts' tend to chase her around the house something chronic.

EDIT : I just found out she's called a 'Torbie'!

ok, got some half decent pics this time.

dscf0042a.jpg

So much for getting a good nights sleep ever again.

dscf0039t.jpg

Puddy on her new christmas present.

puddy.jpg

and finally, this is Reggie, he is very cute.

dscf0040i.jpg

I gave bear some catnip for the first time earlier. highly, highly hilarious. he rolled around on his back for about five minutes whinnying like a retarded wookiee on ecstacy.

white43 said:
I was looking at that Felliway stuff, as we moved at the beginning of November and she's not well settled. 'Ghosts' tend to chase her around the house something chronic.

that used to really freak me out back in the day, quietly watching telly in the lounge, everythings cool and then suddenly cats ears prick, jumps up looks around at about 5 different things, digs claws into groin and leaves the room at top speed.

Nice pics nOm. My g/f and I just adopted a big fat tabby from a shelter last night. we are calling him Wall-E so far. pics later.

elbarto1 said:
Nice pics nOm. My g/f and I just adopted a big fat tabby from a shelter last night. we are calling him Wall-E so far. pics later.

Dude, thats fucking great news!! well done on getting a rescue as well, i look forward to the pics. do you know how old and what the sex is?

also Reggie is turning out really well, ive only had him a week and a half and hes already exploring the entire house and not hiding from me anymore, honestly the first 3 or 4 days were hilarious with reggie pulling off some professional grade stealth and me walking around the house like an idiot with cat treats trying to coax him out.

Dude, thats fucking great news!! well done on getting a rescue as well, i look forward to the pics. do you know how old and what the sex is?

yes he is 4 years old and (my guesstimate is that) he weighs 15-20 lbs. he's awesomely fat.
grey with stripes on face/body - belly is spotted like a leopard.
he is extremely affectionate and bullies his way in to get pets/attention.

elbarto1 said:
yes he is 4 years old and (my guesstimate is that) he weighs 15-20 lbs. he's awesomely fat.
grey with stripes on face/body - belly is spotted like a leopard.
he is extremely affectionate and bullies his way in to get pets/attention.

sounds like hes the same weight as Bear, god bless massive pussy's! fnar fnar :wink:

that used to really freak me out back in the day, quietly watching telly in the lounge, everythings cool and then suddenly cats ears prick, jumps up looks around at about 5 different things, digs claws into groin and leaves the room at top speed.

Ah, I'm not the only one. Freaks me out when apparently she can see the invisible intruder I can't see.

Apparently - the last cat we had in my family(who was the most chilled in history) - he used to do this all the time around 6am when my Dad got ready for work.

So apparently that's normal. I love cats. :grin:

Finally managed to get some size comparison shots with more than one cat in them...

bear3a.jpg

bear2l.jpg

bear1w.jpg

Bear is still chasing Reggie around a little too much for my liking but overall both are doing very well, Reggie is also obsessed by water and makes life very difficult whenever i turn on a tap.

glad to hear they are doing well. thanks for posting!!! :)

Had to take Bear to the Vet today as he developed a massive golf ball sized lump on his neck over the weekend. It's all good though, turns out it was an abscess which they lanced and he's now back at home wobbling around the place eating everything in sight :)

good to hear he is doing better!
:)

Cheers dude, his weight is also down to 7.9Kg's from 9.8 so the diet is working well as well. which reminds me how's your kitty doing weightwise?

Back
Top Bottom