• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

MARVEL MCU End Credit are Opening Credits

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yo MCU Fans...

Having seen EVERY MCU movie to date on the BIG CINEMA SCREEN, am I the only one who is now really annoyed that after the movie ends (ETERNALS last night), the credits roll and what we get is effectively The Opening Credits, beautifully designed....slapped on at the end to adhere to Union requirements.

I'd like to see these opening "end credits" at the opening of the movie to set the tone, tease me, give me context etc.....

Why expel the effort to create an elaborate animation etc, to relegate to the back end and then just follow with a repeat on a normal credit roll?

MCU OPENING CREDITS at the Open of the movie please...

Anyone else in my OCD boat?

EDIT:
It's not as if my attention span is SO short that I will walk out coz the movie did not get going quick enough!!!

Last edited:
I thought Marvel started doing double end credits to create a logical moment for the mid-credits scene. Where are you going to stick those if you shift the "pretty" credits to the opening?
Other than that, this would be the easiest edit ever. You could tackle the entire MCU in a day. ;)

I thought Marvel started doing double end credits to create a logical moment for the mid-credits scene. Where are you going to stick those if you shift the "pretty" credits to the opening?
Other than that, this would be the easiest edit ever. You could tackle the entire MCU in a day. ;)
You can still do mid credits, just do the principle captions first (not on a roll), then fade to mid credit scene, then roll credits...then end credit scene (Many MCU movies now have two scenes after the movie ends...)

I still say, drag those pretty credits to the front...why expel the effort and expense to relegate them to the end?

I used to firmly be a believer that credits belong in the beginning, but I've kind of come around to Main End Credits. They give you a nice chance to digest what just happened and if you're watching with someone, gives you a chance to talk about what just happened. I still love and appreciate when a movie puts the credits at the beginning, but I don't begrudge movies that opt without them anymore.

^^ There were less credits back in the day, so you could fit them at the beginning without challenging people's patience. Now there are just so many people to credit that it makes perfect sense to put them at the end.

^^ There were less credits back in the day, so you could fit them at the beginning without challenging people's patience. Now there are just so many people to credit that it makes perfect sense to put them at the end.
Agree that a lot of older movies (even say Back To The Future) have short openings...But look at Raiders....they play over the opening establishing shots....

The Bond movies all have 2-3 minute opening credits to this day...Those colorful "opening" end credits in MCU rarely run much more than 2 mins...I'm gonna have a look...NOW I'm curious....

If people are that impatient....(i'll stop there...LOL)

I used to firmly be a believer that credits belong in the beginning, but I've kind of come around to Main End Credits. They give you a nice chance to digest what just happened and if you're watching with someone, gives you a chance to talk about what just happened. I still love and appreciate when a movie puts the credits at the beginning, but I don't begrudge movies that opt without them anymore.
I certainly don't begrudge them and your point is very valid...Still be nice to have a pre movie teaser of tone and content IMHO.

I definitely think the MCU credits are a good thing. The fact that they are at the end doesn’t bother me as the mid-credits scene generally keeps the audience around to watch the credits sequence. The fact is the opening credits sequences are becoming a lost art so I appreciate anyone who invests in them, even if they are placed at the end. Here’s a good video on the subject (which agrees with you BTW):

Last edited:
Honestly, I love this idea. To take it a step further, I think it might be fun to create opening title sequences for films that may not have had any previously.

I created a closing credits sequence for my Man of Steel edit (the theatrical cut simply cycles between the top billed actors, against a black backdrop, so I intercut it with shots of Superman's First Flight. Whenever I rewatch my edit (more than I'd like to admit), I find it really puts me in a good mood; I leave the film with a sense of optimism and hope at the forefront of my mind, and it's mainly due to having that entire cathartic release at the very end of the film rather than at the beginning.

This doesn't apply to every CBM, it probably doesn't apply to most CMB's to be honest, but my point is that the sequence (be it opening or closing) should be used where appropriate. I felt the Marble relief ending credits sequence from AoU worked best at the end, not just because it depicted the film's climax, but because it's meant to depict a 'lasting legacy', that the Avengers have become larger than life by this point. It pairs well with that "Avengers, Assemble" tease, too. It wouldn't work at the beginning, or at least it would be recontexualized to the viewer. It would become the build-up, not the pay-off.

Back
Top Bottom