• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

LOST: THE MINISERIES - PART 4 (Series Finale, Cut List in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriggyDriggs

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the final part of this Season 6 fan-edit, Desmond's purpose for returning to the Island is revealed, as Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer must find him to help them stop the Man in Black. One of them will become the Island's new protector in place of Jacob.

Original Name: LOST - Season 6
Original Runtime: 203 minutes
New Runtime: 117 minutes
Amount of time cut: 86 minutes

This one is a combination of the remaining episodes with no more "afterlife" ending. We follow the story on the Island while flashbacks reveal what happened to Desmond when he was blasted with electromagnetism.

(EXPAND FOR CUT LIST, MAJOR SPOILERS)

- "Previously on LOST..." This recap is a little longer than the others, being the finale.
- Added "FanEdit.org Presents" and "A Fan Edit By DriggyDriggs" after the recap.
- Opening scene is Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer standing on the beach looking over the water. This made a perfect opening. They say they need to go find Desmond, then we flashback to a few nights earlier and see Desmond get blasted with electromagnetism by Widmore's people. Throughout this part, we reveal through flashbacks what happened to him. The last flashback is right as he is being lowered into the cave. In my edit, he actually went to an alternate universe/timeline.
- Cut Ben, Richard, and Miles walking through the woods and chit-chatting.
- Cut the next scene of Miles walking over the spot where Alex died.
- Cut them walking into Ben's house and chit-chatting some more.
- Several small cuts were made throughout to improve the pacing of the on-Island events leading up to the stand off between Jack and Flocke.
- Cut all shots of Desmond being conscious after he "pulls the plug." In my edit, his consciousness goes back to the alternate universe when he is exposed to the light again.
- Completely changed the ending. Since there is no more afterlife ending, I had to completely rework Jack's death. Now, as he is dying, his life on the Island flashes before his eyes.
- I chose not to go with the purist ending of Jack closing his eye, and that's it. That just won't work with my ending. Instead, once Jack closes his eyes, it fades to white, then we get a nice LOST style WTF ending. You'll see what I mean. ;-)
- Keep watching through the credits for a bonus scene. I added a portion of the "New Man in Charge" special feature. I chose not to include Ben shutting down the Dharma station. Now, after the credits, he goes to see Walt.
- Added some music and sound fx to quite a few places.
- Added credits for guest stars, writers, and directors for all episodes.
- Removed all the spots where it goes to black for the commercials.

Thanks, Neglify, for watching and critiquing my workprint of this. Your help is greatly appreciated. There is a DVD commentary, and Neglify joins me for the last 40 minutes or so. I would recommend not listening to the commentary until after you've watched it through once, as there might be spoilers.

Sweet. Look forward to watching it again, this time listening to the commentary. :)

Doing the commentary with you was great! Look forward to hearing the non-Neg parts. (And don't worry folks, this was not a drunk Neg commentary. Totally sober.)

It was definitely fun, and I hope we can do it again sometime. Maybe for one of your edits. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as we did!

I admit growing curiosity here that I probably won't be able to resist. Usually I love to be surprised and hate spoilers, but I couldn't resist looking here to see some of what you did with the end. It sounds interesting!

I'll sit down with part 1 sometime soon.

It actually works out really well. I hope you like it!

Thank you!! You bring LOST, 2 years after the disaster, back to me. I love it!

Thesnake said:
Thank you!! You bring LOST, 2 years after the disaster, back to me. I love it!

Thanks for watching! I'm glad everyone is enjoying it!

A perfect edit of Lost. This is how it should have ended! I'm so glad I found this web site!

Thanks so much! Lots of other great edits on here too. :)

Thank you for a great edit! However...

I was kinda confused why Desmond was more eager to get to alternate Penny, than to the... "original" one? I mean, sure, the plane didn't crash in the alternate timeline, but he had a child with her in the original one. Or was he just so thrilled at the prospect of having two Pennies? :D Then again, I think it was the same in the original show, but the lack of other perspectives in the alternate timeline just made the issue stand out.

It's obvious...

He wanted to have a three-way with both Pennies...

The rationale for Desmond's choice was never fully explained. My theory: Desmond believes that things will be more or less the same, only without the misery of plane crashes, years of salad dressing labelled "ranch composite" and being on the run from Charles Widmore. Meaning he can start over from a different spot with the same girl, and Charlie Hume will be born again (literally) give or take a few years. Is it a good explanation? Not really. Can I live with Desmond's rationale being a little fuzzy after being to a different timeline? Yes. :)

Which commentary is that? I might be misremembering, but I can't recall a commentary for the Desmond-relevant episodes (Happily Ever After or The End).

theslime said:
Which commentary is that? I might be misremembering, but I can't recall a commentary for the Desmond-relevant episodes (Happily Ever After or The End).

Driggs was referring to the commentary he recorded for his LOST The Miniseries Part 4 edit. He explains the Desmond storyline pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom