• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

LOST: THE MINISERIES - PART 3 (Cut List in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriggyDriggs

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In Part 3 (of 4) of this Season 6 fan-edit, Sawyer is sent to Hydra Island ahead of the Man in Black's group on a recon mission, while Kate must make amends with Claire. Meanwhile, Jack and the others on the beach wait for Hugo to return with Richard.

Original Name: LOST - Season 6
Original Runtime: 258 minutes
New Runtime: 126 minutes
Amount of time cut: 132 minutes

This one is a combination of the episodes "Recon," "The Package," a little bit of "Happily Ever After," "Everybody Loves Hugo," "The Last Recruit," and "The Candidate" with no "flash-sideways," and a bunch of other silly or annoying things cut out. Since there are no more flashbacks to work with, I chose to tell this story in kind of a non-linear fashion, with the opening scene after the recap being something exciting that happens later on (Like MI:3), and then we go back three days to the events leading up to it. So, here we go:

(EXPAND FOR CUT LIST)
- "Previously on LOST..."
- Added "FanEdit.org Presents" and "A Fan Edit By DriggyDriggs" after the recap.
-Opening scene is a slightly edited version of the scene at the end of "The Last Recruit" where some are captured by Widmore and Locke and Jack are bombed.
- Then, inserted a title, "Three Days Ago," followed by Sawyer and the Man in Black's group walking through the woods in "Recon," where he pulls Sawyer aside and asks him to do some recon on Hydra Island. It plays straight from here, with other titles along the way, "Two Days Ago," "Yesterday," and "This Morning."
- Blended some scenes of the beach group from "The Package" with "Recon" in order for the episode to flow better.
- NO "FLASH-SIDEWAYS!"
- Cut Sawyer finding the dress Kate wore in Season 3 when they were locked in the cages. He's moved on from Kate, so we don't need this.
- Cut scene of Flocke telling Kate about his crazy mother and comparing her to Claire.
- Cut Widmore's people watching the camp through night vision goggles. Makes it much more surprising when they all get tranq darted.
- Cut a scene of Flocke talking to Jin about the names on the cave wall with Claire listening in. Redundant exposition.
- Cut out the entire subplot (several scenes) about Sun forgetting English after she bumps her head. I wish I could have cut her bumping her head entirely, but it just didn't work out, because she suddenly has a giant bruise on her head. Now she just has a slight concussion. This part of the editing was pretty challenging at times. The one drawback is that Sun is pretty quiet for a while, but that's not so bad, as I'd rather her have nothing to do at all than what we got on TV.
- Cut out Alana questioning Ben about Sun's bump to the head.
- Cut Claire asking Flocke about the names in the cave and asking him if he really needs her. Mostly for flow, and the scene just isn't necessary.
- Cut out what Desmond sees in his flash from "Happily Ever After." Now, he gets blasted, and they come in and find him lying on the floor asking how long he was out. We don't find out what he saw until part 4.
- Cut Hurley talking to Libby at her grave, and Alana interrupting him. Now he just replaces the dead flower.
- Cut Jack telling Richard that he promised Sun he'd get her off the island since I cut that scene too.
- Cut Miles talking to Hurley about dead people "yelling at him." Since Miles doesn't go with them, it doesn't matter. We already know Hurley talks to the dead.
- Cut the scene of Flocke asking Desmond how long he was down in the hatch and them seeing Kenton Duty (young Jacob). Mostly for pacing, but also because for a reason unknown, Kenton's hair is brown instead of blond in this scene.
- Cut out the "explanation" for the whispers. Now, Michael just helps Hurley find Flocke's camp, he doesn't explain ghosts to Hurley.
- Cut Sawyer saying "There she blows!" When he finds the sail boat. Mainly because right before that, since I removed the flash-sideways, Desmond asks Sayid what he would tell Nadya if she asked what he did to get her back. Before I cut this, it had me laughing for 10 minutes. LOL
- Added the opening scene from "What They Died For" with Jack sewing up Kate's gunshot wound. This is the final scene in this part.
- Added some music here and there, and cut a few other lines of dialogue.
- Added credits for guest stars, writers, and directors for all episodes.
- Removed all the spots where it goes to black for the commercials.

Uploaded and Submitted. :)

I had a chance to check this out already and simply put, I loved every minute! This is the best of the LOST Mini-Series edits so far. 10/10!

Hey Driggy, do you have any plans to do any more LOST mini-series. Seeason 3 for example was notoriously padded with filler. Certainly nothing was as bad as the final season and the flash-sideways fiasco, but I think all of LOST would generally be a lot more pallitable if a lot of othe excess fat was trimmed.

I don't have any plans to do that, nor do I really want to. The way I see it, there really isn't enough to trim, add, or change to make it a true fanedit. Most of season 3 was good despite a few things that could have been left out (Nicki and Paulo, Jack's tatoos). Season 6 was just frustrating and disappointing in a lot of areas and really needed to be changed.

And they've already been fanedited to trim ALL the fat:

Here's a better one: SEASONS 1-5 in 8 minutes!

Although it does get one thing wrong. The bomb wasn't to negate ALL the electromagnetic energy on the island, it was meant to absorb the energy released when they hit the pocket under what would become the Swan station. Still funny, though.

I'm too lazy to do it now, but I plan on making a funny little clip for an "Alternate Ending" for LOST. Until I get around to it:

LOL Nice. Maybe you could do that for a special feature on the final dvd.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Any other LOST fans watching these edits? If so, reviews and star ratings on the fan edit pages would be greatly appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom