• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

LOST: The Miniseries - Part 2 (Cut List in First Post Updated for version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriggyDriggs

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In Part 2 (of 4) of this season 6 fan edit, the Man in Black, disguised as John Locke, is recruiting others to join him. Among those he wants is the mysterious Richard Alpert, whose past is revealed through flashbacks. Also, Hurley has a new mission from Jacob, and it involves Jack.

Original Name: LOST - Season 6
Original Runtime: 225 minutes
New Runtime: 133 minutes
Amount of time cut: 92 minutes

This one is a combination of the episodes “The Substitute,” “Lighthouse,” “Sundown,” “Dr. Linus,” “Ab Aeterno,” and a few minutes of “Recon” with no “flash-sideways,” and a bunch of other silly or annoying things cut out. Also, flashbacks tell the details of Richard’s past.

- Created a “Previously on Lost” segment.
- Episode opens with Richard’s first flashback of riding to his house and talking with his sick wife, then flashes to the present with Smokey/Flocke flying across the island. He stops and cuts Richard down from the tree to talk, then to the LOST logo.
- NO FLASH-SIDEWAYS!
- Rearranged some scenes from episodes 4 and 5 so that it doesn’t seem Sawyer-centric for so long, since the events are happening at the same time anyway.
- Cut Sawyer’s one-liner about putting pants on.
- Cut Hurley and Jack finding Shannon’s inhaler and the caves where they lived before where Hurley speculates about the two bodies, since we already got that answer in part 1. Also, cut Jack reminding us about his father’s empty coffin.
- Cut Jacob’s Ladders scene of Sawyer and Locke climbing down the ladders and Sawyer almost falling. Seemed silly since obviously a main character is not going to be killed by falling from a ladder.
- Cut Jack’s line after kicking open the door to the lighthouse.
- Completely cut all of the scenes where Claire interrogates Justin (the “other”). In my edit, he just died when she shot him at the end of the last part, instead of him playing dead. No more axe-murderer Claire!
- I did leave in Claire talking with Jin and stitching up his leg in the hut, but I cropped “Justin the Other” out of all the shots.
- Also cut Claire talking to Jin about the others having Aaron and how she knows because “first her father told her, then her friend told her.” Now we don’t find out that Flocke promised a reunion with her son until they arrive at the temple. Works much better this way. Also had to cut her saying, “This is my friend” since I cut out there earlier line. Now she just says, “That’s not John.”
- Cut out Richard trying to loosen his chains and encountering a wild boar during one of his flashbacks.
- Cut Kate and Sayid meeting in the jungle and Kate talking to Miles. We already know that she is going back to the temple to ask the others about Claire, so this is all just unnecessary.
- Cut Flocke asking, “Now what’d ya go and do that for?” after Sayid stabs him. Much more tense this way.
- Cut awkward moment with the Ajira group frantically scurrying around after they agree to go to the beach. Weird blocking and the musical cue doesn’t fit with the next scene due to cutting the “flash-sideways.”
- Cut Lapidus’ one-liner, “You don’t make friends easy, do ya?”
- Cut Jacob telling Richard, “We need to talk.” Locke said a similar line to him at the beginning, and Jack says it again later on. Having Jacob say it just makes it excessive. Now he just says, “Get up.”
- Cut some dialogue from the end of the campfire scene that originally set up for the “Ab Aeterno” episode.
- Moved the Widmore submarine reveal to the end of this part to set up for Part 3.
- Cut shot of periscope viewing the people on the beach. I had to do this since it is a shot of the reunion scene from the end of Dr. Linus and it clearly shows Richard and Hurley on the beach, even though they don’t get back til well into the next part. The operator saying, “Sir, there are people on the beach” should be a enough.
- Removed all the spots where it goes to black for the commercials.
- Added credits at the beginning due to the removal of the “flash-sideways” scenes.

THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN CHANGED FOR VERSION 2:

- Cut scene of Sawyer pulling the gun on Flocke. Seems like Sawyer would be too smart for that.
- Cut Hurley and Miles playing tic-tac-toe.
- Cut episode opening for Dr. Linus of Ben running through the woods alone.
- Cut everything of Alana's group chatting on the beach when they get back there. Too much redundant exposition.
- Cut Hurley dreaming about cheese curds.
- Cut Sawyer preparing the tea for Jin and burning himself.
- Cut Alana's flashbacks completely and reedited the campfire scene so Richard doesn't suggest they are all dead and in hell.

Hi,

Sorry if this isn#t the right place to post this kind of message, but I tried downloading the DVD using the JDownloader package and it tells me that some files are missing, part 1,2,38,56,58,60 and 65.

I really enjoyed part 1 of the mini-series so I was really looking forward to part 2.

Let me know when you think the files will be fixed.

Thanks in advance!

mdesjard said:
Hi,

some files are missing, part 1,2,38,56,58,60 and 65.

I am getting the same. I also had a "Server: Limit Exceeded" on many of the other files. I've never seen that error before.

Waiting patiently. :)

I really don't get megaupload. This seems to happen frequently. Not sure what is going on with them.

Now I can't even connect to Megaupload at all. WTF?

Well, it seems Megaupload is gone for good :(

Any chance you will upload the rar elsewhere, I downloaded more than 90% of it, I only miss the few files I mentionned above...

thanks in advance!

Didn't get the chance to grab part 2 from megaupload :-(
Any chance of a filesonic upload (I just bought a lifetime account there)?

Hoping for another upload of this, was waiting until I knew there were more parts to this to even watch the first part!

All the parts are pretty much finished. Just working on refining them and making the dvds. so you won't have to worry about it not getting finished! Also, I will reupload somewhere. I may even seed it as a torrent for a while until we have a safe place to put files.

DriggyDriggs said:
All the parts are pretty much finished. Just working on refining them and making the dvds. so you won't have to worry about it not getting finished! Also, I will reupload somewhere. I may even seed it as a torrent for a while until we have a safe place to put files.

Thanks a lot! Please let us know when its done. And if you do upload, I hope you can keep the same rar stucture, as Im only missing 4-5 and I wouldnt want to redownload everything.

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work, Im really looking forward to watching part 2 and the rest!

I hope you can keep the same rar stucture, as Im only missing 4-5 and I wouldnt want to redownload everything.

:-( Sorry, but I completely lost the RAR files when MU went down. Looks like you might have to.

Awesome. Only curious at which hosting site.

I am hosting my own files. It finished uploading and I sent the DLC to the admin already...for parts 1 and 2. They haven't been put back on the info site yet, though.

Check the download links section of the forum under my username until it's back on info.

Started downloading part one last night, which I assume is version 2. The first file is 'file not found' but all the others are downloading nicely.

Hmmm...checked my files online...it's there. Also, no problems when I try the dlc. Most unusual...:noidea:

Thanks for checking. Sorry to have wasted your time. I did a reset and it was there. I'd previously only tried checking online status. Reset is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom