• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lost in Space.

Even if the deleted scenes were restored, would it really be worth it? The adult Blarp is as useless to the narrative as the young one when you get right down to it. But then, maybe it would have played a bigger part in the two sequels. Hey, when are those coming out? I've been waiting for ages.

If only for the fact that the monkey was a big part of the original show's goofiness. ^_^ It just feels more like Lost In Space with a space chimp.

Ironically, the WB tried to spin the movie off into a Smallville-esque family drama series... the pilot for which leaked onto the torrent scene years ago. Meet the Robinsons I think it went under... and although it had some good ideas, the majority of it was utter WB crapola.

so were are you working now?

I think we can take that to off topic... I don't want to clutter the thread. It is an interesting enough tale to make people click the link though. ^_^

http://www.faneditforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4966

Akitsu said:
Ironically, the WB tried to spin the movie off into a Smallville-esque family drama series... the pilot for which leaked onto the torrent scene years ago.
I haven't seen it, but I know the one you mean. "The Robinsons: Lost in Space" was the name. There was no Smith character, Penny was a baby, and there was a new "eldest son" character. What the hell?

Even just the screenshots I saw looked like shit, I gotta say.

Actually it had a lot of good things going for it... but you had to actually see the thing. On some levels it worked brilliantly, yet at the same time it just wasn't LIS.

The idea of the Jupiter 2 being a planet lander ship onboard a much larger interstellar ship with other colonists was a good idea. Adding an alien race that starts their journey by destroying said interstellar ship, also a good idea. (It's nice to have them actually running instead of simply lost) The whole family dynamic was a bit strained though, and reeked of the typical WB family drama crap.

The robot wasn't as cool as the movie's, but it was a bit more believable.

The lack of Dr. Smith was something I figured they would probably get to in later episodes... had they ever come. The way the show was structured it would have been believable for the Robinsons to find other survivors along the way.

lst00 said:
Love the first trailer, what's the music from?
It's actually from the very end of a Christina Aguilera song called 'Welcome'.

Akitsu said:
Actually it had a lot of good things going for it... but you had to actually see the thing. On some levels it worked brilliantly, yet at the same time it just wasn't LIS.

The idea of the Jupiter 2 being a planet lander ship onboard a much larger interstellar ship with other colonists was a good idea. Adding an alien race that starts their journey by destroying said interstellar ship, also a good idea. (It's nice to have them actually running instead of simply lost) The whole family dynamic was a bit strained though, and reeked of the typical WB family drama crap.

The robot wasn't as cool as the movie's, but it was a bit more believable.

The lack of Dr. Smith was something I figured they would probably get to in later episodes... had they ever come. The way the show was structured it would have been believable for the Robinsons to find other survivors along the way.

I've seen THE ROBINSONS as well (directed by John Woo no less) and I believe the alien grasshopper looking creature that gets stuck with them was going to become the "Dr. Smith" character.

Monroville said:
I've seen THE ROBINSONS as well (directed by John Woo no less) and I believe the alien grasshopper looking creature that gets stuck with them was going to become the "Dr. Smith" character.
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? John Woo's Lost in SPace? Does anyone know where I can find this? PM with link if possible. Thanks.

[strikeout:254emdzo]If anyone does, could you PM me too? I wouldn't mind checking it out.[/strikeout:254emdzo]

Thanks to the good peeps that helped me out.

great! I am looking VERY forward to watching this. Congratulations on finishing.

Cheers Boon. I hope you enjoy it. Don't expect miracles though. :)

Uncanny Antman said:
Cheers Boon. I hope you enjoy it. Don't expect miracles though. :)
:)
just the usual Uncanny Antman miracle will do. :)

Well done UA, this was much closer to what I had hoped to see in the theatre back in 97 (or whenever it came out) the removal of Blarp (aka Jar Jars father) was very welcome, and previously annoying characters like Don (Matt LeBlanc) and Penny (Lacey Chabert) actually become tolerable and at times valuable additions to the story.

This edit doesn't make Stephen Hopkins' Lost in Space into a perfect film but thats not in any way the editors fault. UA does work wonders with what was available enhancing the story by stripping away the silly comic relief moments that dragged the original down into "eyerolling/lol" territory. All the edits are well thought out and executed and definitely makes this a "replace your retail disc" caliber fanedit.

No major issues at all except when Will and Smith are running away from the time bubble (outside the J2) the volume of smiths dialogue/yell seems to drop but that could be my setup (watched at work on a PC - not a home theatre)

Anyway, great job UA I highly enjoyed this version.

Audio/Video quality : 5/5
Entertainment : 4/5
Editing Quality : 5/5

Thanks for the review, elbarto. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I checked out that audio issue, and you're right about Smith sounding quieter for a moment. I actually don't recall doing anything to that piece, so it may be the way the original mix is...but I can't say for sure. :)

Thanks again.

Uncanny Antman said:
Updated post, now released...

[youtube:2qgiy0ze]

LOST IN SPACE

Original Runtime: 2h10m
New Runtime: 1h31m

Fan edit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information): NTSC, anamorphic. The DVD also features a compilation of several cut scenes, the season 3 opening credits of the TV show remade with the film actors, and an edit of the film's original teaser (now devoid of any shots that aren't in the fan edit).

DVD and Avi uploaded to Rapidshare

I understand you cannot post links, but what is the exact title is it under over at Rapidshare? The only one I can find on the Rapidshare search engine I have is the original movie.

Back
Top Bottom