• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Looking for 1970s flamenco -- full band or orchestra

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there. No, I'm not trying to add flamenco to KOTCS :p

This is for something else. I'm looking for a flamenco guitar-centered instrumental or instrumentals, featuring percussion and a fuller sound than a traditional flamenco band -- more epic, basically. Think John Williams the guitarist meets John Williams the composer, perhaps...

If you're familiar with the score from The Mask of Zorro, something kind of like that might work, but I need it to be from, or at least to sound like it's from, the 1970s. NO DISCO influence, though, and it probably shouldn't sound too rock, either.

I know Al Di Meola has done a fair amount of flamenco-inspired stuff, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know if there's anything that fits the bill. I'm slightly familiar with Paco de Lucia, but again, not enough to know if there's anything that'll work. I own their Friday Night in San Francisco album, and it won't work because a) it's not a full enough sound and b) it's live.

As always, thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Try

Noche De San Juan by Juan Martin on the Album El Alquimista 1999

or

Duende by The Gipsy Kings from their self-titled debut album from 1988

Mollo said:
Try

Noche De San Juan by Juan Martin on the Album El Alquimista 1999

or

Duende by The Gipsy Kings from their self-titled debut album from 1988

Thanks, Mollo! The Gipsy Kings is definitely on the right track, though I'm not sure it's quite the track I'm after. Good to know about, though.

Having more trouble tracking down the Juan Martin. Any suggestions where I might find at least a sample of it?

Thanks for the Juan Martin help, Mollo. Wasn't quite what I was looking for, but it was a cool find nonetheless.

I think I've found something that's very, very close: Alborada Gitana by René Heredia:

I just wish I could find it with better sound quality...perhaps on Sr. Heredia's website...

Back
Top Bottom