• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Lone Starr - A Spaceballs Story

Silentpete

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This thread is to announce my newest project, Lone Starr. This is an edit and music replacement of 1987's Spaceballs.

The primary idea was to see how a silly comedy such as Spaceballs would feel if the entire soundtrack was replaced with more serious one. Would it be even funnier? In the case of Spaceballs, I have found this to be the case. Also, as I started working on the project I found how lacking the original film was in the music department. What was there was good, but there were many, many scenes that were simply lacking that musical touch.

So, after trimming or removing bits or scenes that I felt either were not very funny or otherwise hurt the flow of the film, I got to work on replacing the entire musical score with that of David Lynch's Dune.

The result is, I think an even funnier version of Spaceballs, with the more serious musical tone of the Dune soundtrack shining a bright spotlight on the craziness that is Spaceballs.

I hope everyone enjoys it.

Here is a trailer I made for the final edited film...

This should actually be "in the works" unless it's on IFDB already.

But the real question is: does it come with ludicrous speed and plaid versions?

I'm actually interested in this, because I absolutely HATED the original.

I was a big Star Wars fan and loved parodies/comedies, so I saw this in the theater when it came out and I DESPISED it.

I've watched it a handful of times and own a copy in my Mel Brooks blu-ray set, but I find the movie totally moronic and NOT FUNNY. I hate John Candy's stupid makeup, Joan Rivers on roller skates as a robot, it's all so DUMB.

Gremloids is a better film. And it didn't have 1/100th of the budget.

I don't know if I could learn to like Spaceballs, but I'm always up for a challenge.

Presented for your viewing pleasure, I call it the Plaid Poster.

lonestar-plaidposter.jpg

I'm actually interested in this, because I absolutely HATED the original.

I was a big Star Wars fan and loved parodies/comedies, so I saw this in the theater when it came out and I DESPISED it.

I've watched it a handful of times and own a copy in my Mel Brooks blu-ray set, but I find the movie totally moronic and NOT FUNNY. I hate John Candy's stupid makeup, Joan Rivers on roller skates as a robot, it's all so DUMB.

Gremloids is a better film. And it didn't have 1/100th of the budget.

I don't know if I could learn to like Spaceballs, but I'm always up for a challenge.
Link sent!

Back
Top Bottom