• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Living Daylights: Recut, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Living Daylights: Recut, The:

I liked Roger Moore a lot, but The Living Daylights has got to be the best Bond film since the 60s and Connery. (For Your Eyes Only is a legit contender though). I really loved this edit and, until I looked at the cut list, wasn't sure what was changed. I did remember the lame joke where the leader of the Mujahideen says "women" before chasing after. I am glad that was cut but i think it still needs a beat there. I know it is no longer a joke with "women!" as the punchline, but I think it still needs the same rhythm as if he said it. More like he thought "women" in his head and then gave in. That is a very small odd thing that stuck out to me in an otherwise perfect edit of one of the very best James Bond movies of all time.
It is especially cool how this cut of the movie feels so totally grounded in the real world all the way up until the gadget-laden car chase. Prior to that, this is the most realistic bond film in a while. Even the cello case sledding feels ok to me. It feels like something both Bond or Indiana Jones are famous for--improvising and being resourceful. This is still probably my overall favorite 007 movie, but I wish it could have kept that tone all the way through. The car chase feels like it was directed by someone else. It all felt so realistic and grounded before the flat tire cutting a hole in the ice and the other stuff. This is no criticism of this edit, but that there was still the traces of Moonraker and View To A Kill-style Bond present. And of course the film's truly insurmountable flaw--Joe Don Baker (Mitchell!) as the worst, least interesting or memorable Bond Villain ever. If only we'd had Sanchez as the arms dealer in this movie instead of License to Kill! But at least I found the plot really easy to follow in this edit. I remember thinking it was very convoluted after first seeing the original, but it was clear throughout this one.
An excellent edit, highly recommended! Dalton was 2nd only to Connery IMO and this is the movie, and edit, that exemplifies it

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/living-daylights-recut-the/discussions/11246/

Back
Top Bottom