• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

List your RFT (Request For Trailers) Here!

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PREFACE:

I loved a trend that was popular last year of advertising trailers for other faneditors' upcoming projects on one's own release. There were a couple fanedits I even watched specifically because of this fun and effective form of marketing.

I understand that some editors don't release in formats that allow for extra features, but for those who do, this is a fun way to grow the community and showcase other people's art. It is good advertisement as well as an expression of appreciation for the trailer art form.

With that said, this thread is an attempt to provide people with a way to facilitate this process, and I really hope it catches on.

Here are the rules:

1. Post in this thread if you are nearing completion of an edit and you would like to include an extra feature that showcases some trailers. List your edit and what formats you plan to release it as (BD and/or DVD).

2. Trailer people, PM the requestor if you would like your trailer showcased. Indicate the relevant formats you can provide it in. If it isn't yet complete, indicate the estimated completion date for delivery.

3. PM the requestor with directions on downloading the completed trailer.

4. Trailer people should not feel insulted if the trailer is not selected, nor should the requestor feel obligated to use all trailers submitted. Think of it as a health competition where there is only room for a few trailers. Some trailers may also be more thematically relevant to the feature movie (i.e. horror, sci-fi, etc.). You get the idea. Personally, I don't think my expertise is in trailer making, so don't feel bad if yours isn't either.

5. I don't think there should be any hard and fast rule about release date for trailers. Ideally it would be nice to showcase upcoming or very recently released fanedits, but even trailers for classic fanedits done by other faneditors is better than nothing IMO. For myself, I am thinking that I will probably showcase 3 trailers on each release of my own. If there aren't enough quality new trailers submitted to me, I will fill in the extra slots with classics.

So now that that has been established... If anyone would like to submit a trailer to be on my Star Trek edit, let me know! Conversely, my Star Trek trailer is almost finished if anybody is interested in showcasing it on their edit.

Back
Top Bottom