• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Laugh and Let Die

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I'm enjoying the naked gun tv show for the first time and the 25 minute episodes are a joy so far. I'm thinking about making a film that has all these murders happening and making a chaotic cut of Leslie Nielsen solving these all simultaneously.

Each episode he introduces himself to the audience. Doing this several times in a single movie might be pretty funny.

Removing a few jokes that are simply dated because they rely on pop culture knowledge that the avarage viewer simply wont have. (the guest appearances come to mind)

Keep the film under 1.30 so maybe not include all episodes, but keep the best stand alone jokes.

title is a reference to the aspect ratio (tv) and a pun on bond.

Changelist:

- The movie starts with the opening to the final episode
- Inserted a visual gag when the poisoned guy is hallucinating
- Title credits changed to include the new title
- I basically took every episode (apart from the episode with the boxer because it's a bad episode imo) and tried to make a coherent narrative by having these casefiles happen simultaniously.
- Remove all the cold opens showing the crimes. We now find out about them as the main characters find out about them
- Remove every scene with the shoeshine boy that happens in each episode, as they are pacing killers and not funny at all.
- Remove every joke that's repeated too much, all jokes are only done once, unless they cannot be cut for logistical reasons
- Remove as many jokes as possible that are a repeat of jokes done in the movies, considering this edit is meant to be part of the film series
- Added one narration joke based on feedback by the great @WilliamRedRobin

It's pretty useless to mention each and every edit, because honestly it would require me to write down the jokes, which in turn will make the edit unfunny. :p

Thoughts?

Love the title, fantastic. My only thought on it is maybe instead of 4.3, use 4:3. That way it’s read as “four three” instead of as “four point three”.

Love the title, fantastic. My only thought on it is maybe instead of 4.3, use 4:3. That way it’s read as “four three” instead of as “four point three”.
Then crop the movie to 4:3 and do it in a way that it always feels slightly cut off, e.g. the person on screen speaking is cut in half.

(I realize that would require further cropping)

I made this in a day. It's actually quite nice, but I'm not sure if it's release worthy. Anyone here want to test view it and give me feedback? It's just under 90 minutes, so actually ideal movie length.
I completely skipped episode two because imo it's completely unfunny. I also skipped a few intro scenes where we see the crimes happening because it would be too much to do this 5 times in one film.

Last edited:
This is secretly already finished, but I am waiting for the release untill next month. But since I need an ITW thread to release it I thought I'd post it here, maybe someone comes with great ideas you never know.

Changelist:

- The movie starts with the opening to the final episode
- Inserted a visual gag when the poisoned guy is hallucinating
- Title credits changed to include the new title
- I basically took every episode (apart from the episode with the boxer because it's a bad episode imo) and tried to make a coherent narrative by having these casefiles happen simultaniously.
- Remove all the cold opens showing the crimes. We now find out about them as the main characters find out about them
- Remove every scene with the shoeshine boy that happens in each episode, as they are pacing killers and not funny at all.
- Remove every joke that's repeated too much, all jokes are only done once, unless they cannot be cut for logistical reasons
- Remove as many jokes as possible that are a repeat of jokes done in the movies, considering this edit is meant to be part of the film series
- Added one narration joke based on feedback by the great @WilliamRedRobin

It's pretty useless to mention each and every edit, because honestly it would require me to write down the jokes, which in turn will make the edit unfunny. :p

That's actually very very funny, Donkey! The title rocks!

Was the @WilliamRedRobin joke something to do with fermented birdseed?
action league now nicksplat GIF

That's actually very very funny, Donkey! The title rocks!

Was the @WilliamRedRobin joke something to do with fermented birdseed?
action league now nicksplat GIF

It's a narration joke. I kept all the narration with Leslie Nielsen because it would be funny if he kept introducing himself to the audience nearly every time he drives a car. But one of the self-introductions has a little twist.

This one is more like what Donkey wanted. I still laugh when I see it.

This is the first one I did. It didn't really grab me so I did the others.

This one is more like what Donkey wanted. I still laugh when I see it.

This is the first one I did. It didn't really grab me so I did the others.

Yours is definitely better. xD but yeah it's pretty funny!

Back
Top Bottom