• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Late 1960's MGM logo

ParanoidAndroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems not uncommon that new releases of older films have updated versions of the studio's logo, but of a stylistic clash when they feature a web address in front of a film that came before the internet!

Any suggestions for a film available on standard Blu-ray that would be a good video source for the aforementioned MGM logo, from 1967? Wouldn't hurt if the film itself is decent too!

I love vintage logos and hate when they get replaced. You'd have to specify the movie/type of movie. 2001 from 1968 had this for example:

Here is a list of 1967 MGM movies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer_films_(1960–1969)

The first blu-ray I grabbed off my shelf from that list was 'Point Blank' and it had this (actual screengrab):

53055042992_bb14a7a54d_k.jpg

Should have been specific, intended to replace the modern MGM logo at the start of the Battle of Britain Blu-ray, but realised later that it was distributed by United Artists. Thanks for the help anyway though!

Was it distributed by UA worldwide? Or only inside or outside of the US?
The US <> rest of the world distinction gives us a logo choice for a surprising number of films.

it was distributed by United Artists.

That's a tricky one, MGM seem to replace the UA logos in everything, or with modern UA logos. I've just checked a few films from that period on this list:

and none have a vintage UA logo.

A guy on youtube has remade what I believe is the correct in HD here:

Edit: Yeah, this is low res but from a 1969 film:

Thanks for all the interest! According to IMDb, Battle of Britain was distributed by United Artists in UK, USA, Finland, France, Sweden and West Germany.

The recreation example above looks good so will probably use that (with acknowledgement of course), probably recolouring the blue to white and adding grain to make it look in keeping with the film's transfer.

Back
Top Bottom