• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ladyhawke RESCORED

It was probably the source. I just looked at my ripped file on Plex & it's 29.97, ripped with MakeMKV. I don't know if you can twiddle framerate in Handbrake (I just use it to reduce bitrate and tweak audio formats). It might need falling down the Avisynth rabbit hole; I have used that to adjust framerate on a few files and the results are good. It's just a very fiddly process.

Ok, so still having frame rate issues. Here's the step by step of what I did:

-Ripped movie to computer usng MakeMKV
-Converted to mp4 using Handbrake (making sure video kept "same as source" and "constant" frame rate)
-Edited using Vegas Pro 18
-After having issues, checked source of mp4 which is 23.98
-Checked original MKV file's frame rate and nothing was listed under Properties->Details
-Tried running small test renders and continually having the same results
-Checked both MKV and MP4 sources to make sure there wasn't an earlier issue before this all started. All looks good.

So.....any suggestions or specific settings or render options? This is starting to get REALLY frustrating.

UPDATE: Just checked the settings on Vegas. I went to project properties->template and it says "Custom (1920x808, 25.000 fps)"

Last edited:
UPDATE: Just checked the settings on Vegas. I went to project properties->template and it says "Custom (1920x808, 25.000 fps)"
That's it. Change that to 23.976 fps and all should be good.

-Converted to mp4 using Handbrake (making sure video kept "same as source" and "constant" frame rate)

I never do that at this point. Ripping movies with DVDFab as Blu-ray folder, then put main m2ts file into Vegas. Sometimes Vegas would crash on it, if that's the case I would re-encode with DVDFab and put the output into Vegas. That usually works fine.

If I really need mp4 (well, I don't, but it looks like it's preferred format for most people), then I convert to that format after everything is done.

I never do that at this point. Ripping movies with DVDFab as Blu-ray folder, then put main m2ts file into Vegas. Sometimes Vegas would crash on it, if that's the case I would re-encode with DVDFab and put the output into Vegas. That usually works fine.

If I really need mp4 (well, I don't, but it looks like it's preferred format for most people), then I convert to that format after everything is done.
Something I'll try doing on my next project to test out this method.

That's it. Change that to 23.976 fps and all should be good.
Ok! I'll do that! Thank you! My next question is then.....what sort of output settings should I use? There are like hundreds of options and output renders that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Any title suggestions from you fans out there?

My next question is then.....what sort of output settings should I use? There are like hundreds of options and output renders that I have no idea what I'm doing.
Will be PMing you about this shortly with a few tips, as I'm at work now.

This sounds like an amazing amount of sound replacement work on this edit. About time I actually saw the original Ladyhawke so I can watch this version.
Keep up the good work @MusicEd921

After a successful previewing thanks to @bionicbob, I am getting MUCH closer to calling this a finished product. A few minor audio things to fix and a couple of frame stutters to look into and this might be good to go before December hits.

One thing that Bob said that really stuck out to me is that the new music changes now help make the film feel more timeless! Goldsmith’s music is such a perfect fit that I can’t wait for you guys to hear how well this movie is elevated with it.

Last edited:
After a successful previewing thanks to @bionicbob, I am getting MUCH closer to calling this a finished product. A few minor audio things to fix and a couple of frame stutters to look into and this might be good to go before December hits.

One thing that Bob said that really stuck out to me is that the new music changes now help make the film feel more timeless! Goldsmith’s music is such a perfect fit that I can’t wait for you guys to how well this movie is elevated with it.
Sounds great! Looking forward to this :)

Hi everyone! Just a small update.....

IT'S FINISHED!

8cd88ea527e622477d5acac6b584bc0a343c74bb265c8003698550f7864aa65a._RI_V_TTW_.jpg

I won't be able to send out any links tonight as it still needs to upload to, well somewhere secure, but I've done as much as I could and truthfully as best I can with trying to salvage this movie.

Watched MusicEd's final version this morning and I just want to SING it's PRAISES!!!

Ed has taken a movie that very much feels like a product of the 80s and given it a classic TIMELESS feel with Jerry Goldsmith's Lionheart score.

Highly recommended! (y) 😊

I just watched it this weekend. It definitely revamps the movie, so much less dated feeling with the orchestral score instead of the synth one. Great job!

Review left @ IFDB:

I don't get the hate for the Laydhawke score. Does every movie in this genre have to sound the same? I love it. Ladyhawke wouldn't be Ladyhawke without it. The score is what makes this movie unique and sets it apart from the rest of the cookie cutter medieval sword and sorcery type movies. That said... it's about time someone made this edit! We've all been hearing complaints about the Ladyhawke score for decades and it's very refreshing to see it finally come to light. Next time someone complains about the score, just point them here - they'll love it.

This is a great edit. I can't imagine the amount of work that went into this, and at the end of the day, the new score just sits there seamlessly, like it was meant to be there all along. And that's the biggest compliment I can give to this edit- that if you didn't know it was edited, you wouldn't think anything was amiss. Technically, there are a couple of issues. The opening credits are, for some reason, a different AR than the rest of the film, with black bars on the left and right sides. And a film like this really benefits from a proper 5.1 mix. Presenting it in stereo is fine, and likely makes the audio editing easier, but ultimately makes for a lesser experience. However, these do not greatly detract from the edit. I wouldn't consider this a superior version, but a much-needed alternative version of Ladyhawke. Highly recommended, especially if you didn't like the original.

Back
Top Bottom