• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

L.A. Confidential - Recut

It should be double secret probation password protected.

TV's Frink said:
It should be double secret probation password protected.

Dean Wormer strikes again! MF account #3 gone.

rebue, posted on IFDB:

Small trims, better film. I won't have much need (ever) to whip out the ol' theatrical release, 'cause neg's version is tighter.

10/10

thank you for cutting it! and forgive me for taking more than half a year to write a rebue.

I watched an MP4 of this wich has good PQ for an MP4.
There are volume issues where action scenes are generally louder than dialog scenes, but this is due to the source wich has a fair bit more dynamic range than I care for, no fault of the editor, so Neg loses no points here, but I wanted to mention it.
Nice job on the "recut" title addition, looks just right.
I felt that the scene where Bud confronts Lynn about Ed and the Photos didn't have as much emotional weight as in the Theatrical version, probably because of the reduced screen time between Bud & Lynn, then again with the different approach/ending it makes more sense in the context of the edit.
I think the end credits come on a bit too soon, if it we're my edit I would have tried to have the sounds of the cop cars arriving and what not continue for maybe 10 seconds after the screen fades to black, then bring in the credits/music for a more atmospheric conclusion.

A very nice alternative to the original version for those who want a grittier movie with less romance. Do I think it's better than the original? No, I think they both work equally well, I'll watch this edit again!

Well done, Neg. :)

You're welcome. Thanks for the edit. It made for an enjoyable evening.

Thank you for the review TMBTM! Glad you liked it so much. :)

Maybe we should do a special double-dipping Limited Double Feature Special Edition release of this edit and Descent Into Mystery packed together, with never before seen exclusive extra features such as a blank piece of paper NOT autographed by Kim Basinger?

Coming 2013.

The F**k Kim Basinger Fanedit Collection.

2 Faneditors. 3 Discs. Very little Kim Basinger.

SRP: $0.00

i demand a new IFDB franchise category: Kim Basinger Excised.

I uploaded this to Usenet a while and forgot to make an NZB and submit to Info. This has been rectified.

Thanks for the review [MENTION=14507]DominicCobb[/MENTION]. :)

A crackling, tightly paced crime noir tale!

A part of me feels bad for poor Kim, as I enjoy her performance in the original (though definitely not Oscar worthy) but this edit clearly proves this movie works wonderfully with less of her.

I still love the original, but this alternate version moves swiftly and the tension remains taunt throughout. The new ending by Neglify is far more fitting for a noir tale and I applaud his choice.

It should be noted, I watched this one with my bride who is a crime movie addict, and she LOVED this edit, and could not believe anything had been cut out until I popped in the original afterwards for comparison. So fantastic work Neg!

Thumbs UP! :)

Thanks for the review Bob! Glad you enjoyed it and extremely happy your wife couldn't tell it was a fanedit.

I downloaded this off info and starting at 1:22:45 there is no more audio. Anyone have a fix for it?\

Fixed it

Thanks for the review cuddlyninja! Glad you liked it so much. :)

Back
Top Bottom