• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

KJRS 0004: LEGEND (1985) UK TV Cut HD Reconstruction

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
  • Original Movie Title: Legend (1985)
  • Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance
  • Fanedit Type: Movie & Television Preservation
  • Original Release Date: 1985
  • Original Running Time: 89 mins.
  • Fanedit Release Date: 2023
  • Fanedit Running Time: 89 mins.
  • Time Cut: 22 secs.
  • Time Added: 15 secs.
  • Available in HD? Yes

Between remastering the International Cut (a.k.a. European Theatrical Cut) and reconstructing the US network broadcast cut, I'm sure many of you know that Ridley Scott's 1985 fantasy film, Legend, is one of my favorite films. Having done those edits within the past few months, I decided to reconstruct the UK broadcast television cut for completion sake. The UK television cut, from what I read, is an oddity like the US television cut: whereas the US television cut is essentially the American theatrical print with the Director's Cut (though known only as a workprint during its original creation) version of two sequences with their original music, the UK television cut is also the American theatrical print, with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack, but with the shots of the chef chopping the man on the table omitted, which is quite interesting. Why would the American print be used for UK broadcast instead of the International Cut? Who could really know for certain at this point, but it's still an interesting choice that I wanted to preserve, and do so I have.

For curiosity, posterity and completion sake, I am proud to present Legend: The U.K. TV Cut.

Video: Legend: U.K. TV Cut is reconstructed using the recently restored U.S. theatrical cut of Legend found in the Arrow Video Limited Edition blu-ray set. The reconstruction is presented in the film's original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Legend: The U.K. TV Cut clocks in at 89 mins.

Changes:
-
Replaced the Universal Studios logo with the 1981 20th Century Fox logo and fanfare.
- Cut 3 instances of the chef chopping a man on a table during Darkness' reveal at the beginning of the film.
- "Shit" is cut out of Pox's line after he reacts to Darkness taking the alicorn from him (Censored audio tracks only).

PM for download.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom