• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Kirkless Generations Update

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel that the guys behind this edit should place this "disclaimer" in every uploaded version's information for the edit, as a lot of idiots are making too much of a fuss over the lack of Kirk on some.

"Some of you still burned by the lack of a non-essential plot point like James T Kirk are wondering how a film can be called "Generations" when the whole point of the title is lost without Shatner. In any case, this proves all you are seeing is the superficial, box office aspect of what "Generations" trule is at it's core...facing mortality.

Picard's oddysey is more true to the title than teaming up with Captain Kirk, in this movie, Picard lost essentially much of his family leniage, past, present, and future GENERATIONS snuffed out in a fire, leaving him the last of his kind. That's it. That's the story. That's Generations, that was all that was neccersary for Generations to be a stand alone TNG movie, and had it used just that, it would be what it is now thanks to the people behind this edit...one of the best TNG movies out there"

very nice words. Thanks a lot, Zarius, from one of the makers of this fanedit. And what a great idea for the Generations title. Yeah,some people were discussing the sense of the title, but we actually just meant it as a reference to what was and what now is. KIRKLESS GENERATIONS would not exist without GENERATIONS, so the tile made to us always complete sense.

Picard will always stay the better captain...

:D

ok... kirk is the better brawler... I give you that.

;-)

i'lll take Archer over either of them any day (though i do like kirk and piccard).

I just watched this yesterday. I was very impressed. I thought this was the worst of the star trek movies (yes worse than 5), and now i think it is at least not the worst. in fact i thought it was vastly improved. i think it was a great idea, and it really improved the pace. i always thought it was dumb to have kirk in this movie anyways... but now i see how much the parts with him really dragged down the film. vast improvement. wonderful work guys :)
oh, and the menus are fantastic.

lewis886 said:
I just watched this yesterday. I was very impressed. I thought this was the worst of the star trek movies (yes worse than 5), and now i think it is at least not the worst. in fact i thought it was vastly improved. i think it was a great idea, and it really improved the pace. i always thought it was dumb to have kirk in this movie anyways... but now i see how much the parts with him really dragged down the film. vast improvement. wonderful work guys :)
oh, and the menus are fantastic.

that just sums up what I felt!
Now this movie is more like the final next generation episode with a million dollar budget never aired. It still has its cheesy moments but I think CBB made a very bad movie (I still remember my disapointment coming from the movie theatre back in the days. a friend of mine wore his star trek uniform. we all felt so bad after that movie that we made fun of him for wearing it) watchable. After seeing the original the first time I was in a really bad mood. After having watched the cbb version I couldn?t get the smile off of my face...

Just watched this. My opinion is exactly the same as Heinrich's, except I didn't know a guy who wore a Star Trek shirt to the movie.

The thing I don't get, is a very minor thing and has nothing to do with the edit. Why does no one think it is funny to push Dr Crusher is the water? That ice queen needed it more than any other human being ever did. Characters keep going on about how not funny it was, but it was hilarious! What's the deal?

Maybe they were all afraid that she'd go Thor's hammer on the first human who cracked a smile?

DragonAngel said:
Why does no one think it is funny to push Dr Crusher is the water? That ice queen needed it more than any other human being ever did. Characters keep going on about how not funny it was, but it was hilarious! What's the deal?

people simply didn?t get that it was funny. I say we let history decide...

:)

The only problem I had with the cut was the effect used to "transport" Picard back to Veridian III before the launch of the rocket. Ah well

you should have seen that "effect" in version 1.0 :D

I saw this just now, and I was somewhat impressed how you were able to pull this one off. Almost all Shatner is gone (except that one punch ;)) and the story was still pretty coherent. However, I would have kept Picards first attempt and failing, simply because otherwise it doesn't make any sense to leave the Nexus scene in the movie in the first place....
BTW, I really love the new intro. Did you ever consider using the little feature about the book from the collector's edition? The prop girl going through the album could be implemented if you edit this one in a clever way...

The footage was taken from that scene.
The problem in keeping the entire first attempt and failing scene would be that Soren would have defeated Picard hand to hand and then, when returning, Picard would fight Soren AGAIN hand to hand.
Most of the final battle is the original Picard vs. Soren battle as there is only one. So how would I show this AGAIN or how else would Picard have been defeated the first time?

just like that? Nah...

Back
Top Bottom