• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Just change my name to Trevor Reznik

CharlieRunning.gif

So speaking of Trevor Reznik, isn't it strange that this character's name is sort of similar to Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails).

For those that have seen The Machinist did you notice the license plates. Not only was big bald guy with weird big toe fingers have a license plate reading 321TAG2 (imdb claims it is something else and im too lazy to look at my dvd) and anyway regardless of which it is, trevor's license plate is the reverse of Ivan (big bald guy).

Now another interesting things is the license plate 2GAT123 appears in lots of movies and TV Shows. On Modern Family one of the characters has this license plate. On Curb Your Enthusiasm Larry David has this license plate. In Training Day, Denzel's souped up Caddy has this license plate.

Now flight of ideas stream of consciousness here, but speaking of Training Day, the opening scene of Denzel and Hawke meeting is in the Quality Cafe. As far as I know not a real cafe (maybe it is), or part of a studio lot, but this same diner is seen in Old School when Luke Wilson runs into Elisha Cuthbert, it is also in Se7en where Morgan Freeman meets with Paltrow to talk about the city and her pregnancy.

Cool stuff that I notice in movies I guess. Another random one is the bar in Ocean's Eleven where Rusty is teaching the celebs how to play cards and then he takes a break and gets a drink and tells the bartender "im running away with your wife'. This same bar, if I recall correctly is part of the club that Dustin Hoffman owns in the movie Confidence.

Okay, I'm done for now. I think all this crazy jibberish that I am typing is gradually wearing me out. I hope I am able to sleep soon!

Ahhhh one thing I forgot to mention was so many people misinterpret The Machinist and claim it is a ripoff/the same as Fght Club, in the sense that they think Ivan is Trent's alter ego, make believe person. But this is not true. Ivan is a manifestation of his guilt over the hit and run. As are most of the other characters and situations in the movie. Maybe this is obvious to you guys, but I heard many people saying it was like Fight Club (there obviously are similarities).

BTW, I hope this isn't considered spamming. I am not trying to flood the forums with useless stuff. If the moderators feel that they need to put an end to this, its their call and you can lock this thread or delete if you deem it appropriate.

Gatos said:
hahahahahah. (still awake!)

Feeling less crazy though.

But a few hours back when I was writing all these posts, I was thinking to myself "everyone on the forums is going to think I am absolutely nuts and this thread is a document of a mental breakdown"

I swear it's not.

Gatos said:

Hmmm....

TV's Frink said:
Strangest thread ever.

When you're strange, people remember your name. (Jim Morrison had it all wrong)

One thing fight club get's right is the quote about never really being asleep and never really awake.

I had a bad case last monday morning. I lay down to sleep at 12:30 and I was still awake around 2am. I know I woke up again repeatedly in the night, but I only remember being awake at various points and not getting any sleep between them, but I figured that 95% believing I haven't slept isn't the same as not sleeping.

So did you manage to get any sleep Gatos?

This is in now way a suggestion, but believe it or not often coffee will make me tired and ill crash within an hour of drinking a cup.

Why dont you do some excercising or something? A long walk couldn't hurt either ;)

Rogue-theX said:
This is in now way a suggestion, but believe it or not often coffee will make me tired and ill crash within an hour of drinking a cup.

Why dont you do some excercising or something? A long walk couldn't hurt either ;)

Thanks for the suggestions.

I actually finally fell asleep. Not exactly sure what time it was. I'm still tired and exhausted but I think now that I fell asleep last night, I will hopefully be back in a regular pattern. And 3 or four nights of regular sleep will have me recuperated!

D'oh! Another bout of insomnia :( hopefully this one doesn't last for three days!

Insomnia strikes again! Didn't sleep at all last night. Tonight is not looking any better. Prepare for the zany-ness!

that spider gif is just gonna give me a seizure...do you fall asleep after you have a seizure?

Back
Top Bottom