• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Judge Dredd: Redemption

TV's Frink said:
Finally, something in the last few pages that made me smile.

It made me hungry. But then I realized I had no granola bars and it made me sad. :(

would love to see this one, its a shame you cant get it closer to the comic though, (loosing the kiss at the end for a start)

BarBar Jinkx said:
would love to see this one, its a shame you cant get it closer to the comic though, (loosing the kiss at the end for a start)

At one point i thought about removing the kiss at the end but with all the Rob stuff cut from the ending it didnt flow properly.

DLC's for this edit have been re-uploaded. Another MF account went down last night so I have uploaded this and all my edits to RS.

On a side note would like to thank stomachworm who out of the blue PM'ed me this Alternate Box art for Dredd Redemption. This cover art embraces the comic a little more than I did with the box art I made.

As L8 would say, Stay thirsty my friends. (going steal someone elses phrase in my next post :p)

Donno if i will renew my Rapidshare account by the end of December at this point.

Rapidshare is behaving strange. A couple of days ago I downloaded a DVD9 from RS using Jdownloader in about 2 hours and allowing me simultaneous downloads. Maybe I got the "happy hour"?

I noticed the high speed when I downloaded something off RS a few days back. If I had to guess, I'd say they've bumped up the download speed in order to compensate for the low traffic limit.

Poor compensation, of course.

Reading up on RS's new policy of free users only getting 1 gig of traffic a day makes distribution impossible.

If anyone has suggestion as for a new drop box service to use, i am all ears.

But for now my edits are only available via private trackers.

Usenet is worth 100 dollars a year. usenetserver.

Alternatively, pay the 3 dollars for 3 days each time you are done with a fanedit.

This was surprisingly good fun.:)

It is still pure schlock, the pinnacle of 80s/90s action movie formula excess, but now the schlock is tolerable in this fan edit.

Juice did a masterful balancing act in his trimming of Rob Schneider. He is still annoying but I no longer felt the need to kick in the tv screen everytime he opened his mouth... LOL! I would have liked more of the bad dialogue/acting to have been cut, but where does one begin or end without it becoming a silent feature... LOL!

Overall, I enjoyed the new pacing and felt the story worked better.

Technically, all the cuts worked for me and flowed. As other have reviewed, I did not enjoy the added grain element to the picture. Since I believe the best part of this movie was the production design, the degraded picture choice felt more like a distraction than an interesting enhancement.

But if one is looking for some goofy, brainless, popcorn, good time action, I think Juice's Redemption edit fits the bill rather nicely.

Good work and thanks for the fun! :D

Thanks for the great review Bob. I had a surprising amount of fun making this edit. The funny thing about the static grain filter is that originally i had it doing a motion grain but a previewer of the edit said it would look better being static. So i listened to said person. Was one of those maybe i like it but others would not so i made the call and change it. At some point i plan on uploading it with a motion grain.

But to everyone who has reviewed the edit. I am glad you found it enjoyable and very pleased that the editing of Rob was received well. Yes i know as many have pointed out that it's still a classic 90's action flick. I agree completely! But gotta love the nostalgia :) .

Cheers

My review from IFDB:

Finally got to this one. I didn't become a Dredd fan after this film came out, but I have become one after seeing the 2012 version, so I was excited to revisit this. I was not disappointed at all with this fanedit and thought the editor did a great job of cutting out a lot of the schlock, while preserving a plot.

I won't dwell too much on the nitpicks, as they have all been mentioned by other reviewers already. Quickly, the issues I saw that bothered me the most were the grainy picture, the hard cut after the bike chase and some of the over the top acting by Stallonw and Assante that was left in.

For whatever reason (I haven't figured it out), I really enjoyed the first half, but it kind of lost its appeal during the second half.

Thank you for doing this edit. It was great to see this film tightened up so well.

Back
Top Bottom