• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

John Rambo - The Hybrid Cut

Frantic Canadian said:
Seriously? How the hell did I manage to see the workprint version in theatres? I was wondering if perhaps there was another version but thought that the workprint version was what ended up being the extended cut. Now I'm going to have to find this workprint version. Thanks for the info STANKPAC. ;-)
Well I don't know how you saw the workprint version in theatres! LOL. :p Anyway, I remember before this movie came out I was very much on the fence about seeing it and didn't think I would like it. So, a buddy of mine happened to get a hold of the workprint version with the watermark and clock ticker on the top. After watching it I thought it was very well done and was kinda bummed to not have seen it theatres. Then I watched the DVD and noticed that exact same thing, that Rambo getting off the bus had been excised!

Hmm. I wonder if they had a different version for Canada. I remember hearing that the the Seagal movie Under Siege had a different cut in Canada than in the US. I wonder if this could be the case with Rambo as well. I actually remember thinking that I would hate this movie based on the trailer but was willing to give it a shot since it is Rambo, and it was only 2$. I ended up bored out of my mind and couldn't wait for it to end. For the longest time I refused to give it another chance but this weekend I had a Rambo marathon and watched all four films, the first one on Saturday night and the rest on Sunday afternoon, and ended up actually liking it this time. It's too bad that they only included four deleted scenes on the theatrical DVD and none on the extended DVD because aside from Rambo getting off the bus I'm sure there's more scenes that wound up on the cutting room floor.

Did you re-instate the four deleted scenes that are on the theatrical cut DVD? Or were those scenes put back into the Extended Edition?

They were reinstated by Stallone in Extended Edition.

Since this thread is still going, I have a question. Will this be released in NTSC format? I burned this yesterday but the picture keeps freezing every second. The movement isn't fluid. I'm assuming it's because I tried converting it from PAL to NTSC with my rather primitive and simple software (Video Wizard DVD).

Frantic Canadian said:
Hmm. I wonder if they had a different version for Canada. I remember hearing that the the Seagal movie Under Siege had a different cut in Canada than in the US. I wonder if this could be the case with Rambo as well.

When the movie "Hide and seek" came out in 2005, I (for some reasons) went and saw it in theaters. Now, I live in Sweden and the version I saw had the ending that went under "alternative ending" on the DVD. they talked about this ending on IMDB and I was like; what are they talking about? that was the ending shown in theaters.

Who knows how these things happen. maybe there are a couple of Tyler Durdens out there in the world.
Project whatever.
Space monkeys fanediting movies before they even been shown for the first time....what a wonderful world!

Since this thread is still going, I have a question. Will this be released in NTSC format?

It's combined from PAL and NTSC sources, works well as PAL DVD, but A/V synchro goes to hell every time I try to convert it to anything else (NTSC DVD, avi etc.). So the answer would be - No. At least i am not gonna do it.

Back
Top Bottom