• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jennifer's Body Needless Nightmare

Samael Lynch

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Jennifer’s Body.

Saw this film for the first time this year and thought it was amazing but forget about it quickly after that.

Was browsing through a thread of unnecessary voiceovers and saw it listed which got me thinking. This film no matter how great it is has so much and I mean so much needless narration.

Spoilers for the film from here on out.

I’ll be using the unrated cut of the film as a starting point.

So all off the narration needs to go for me.

What I also want to remove is all the scenes of future Needy, I just don’t care for them at all and it’s such a stupid way to start this film. We essentially have three openings here.

-Prison bit with future Needy.

-Future bit which is a flash forward of the ending.

-Then the actual opening of the film with Needy and Jennifer in the gym.

What I also want to remove logically then is the prison ending and perhaps even the ending off the band getting killed but I’m unsure as to that so we’ll see.

There is this other weird part of the film were we see what happened to Jennifer, how she became the succubus all of that but it’s a flashback from a scene we saw twenty minutes in the film while we’re currently an hour in the film. It was just such a weird choice to me and I do not understand why it was done.

Looking back at the scene I rather cut it in it’s entirety and keep the reasoning for Jennifer’s bloodlust a mystery. We don’t really learn anything from the scene and it drags a lot.

Thinking I might change the title to : My Best Friend is a Succubus after an amazing 80s vampire film I adore but unsure to the change.

For a first edit list I think I have a lot to do but if anybody has any other suggestions please list them!

Also what do you think of the title change? Good idea? Or just silly.

JENNIFER’S BODY CUT LIST​

-Added slight colour grade throughout the entire film.

-Removed prison opening scene.

-Removed all narration of Needy throughout the entire film.

-Removed waterfall and town introduction.

-Added Seasons Don’t Fear the Reaper by Gus as the opening song to the film.

-Added ambiance , wind, tree leaves to the opening.

-Replaced the fitness tv screen with a scene of Near Dark.

-Added the sound of Near Dark to the opening scene.

-Replaced the original music during Needy and Jennifer’s talk with Betty Davis Eyes.

-Cut Jennifer’s remark to Chip about Needy since it had music in I replaced with Longhearder.

-Cut down the couple of the bar shots which are not needed without narration.

-Added Heaven is a place on Earth to the fire bar scene.

-Cut shot of young Needy looking at a creepy tree

-Removed almost all of the ambient jumpscary sound when Jennifer comes to Needy’s home. It didn’t need to be there.

-Removed scene which showed the destroyed bar. We know it’s destroyed.

-Removed couple of students talking about Needy with instead hard cutting to Needy to keep the focus more on her.

-Replaced music originally played during the Jennifer and Jonas scene with Got My Mind Set on You.

-Replaced song that originally played during the swimming scene with sick puppies you're going down.

-Removed Low Shoulder number during the sad montage and replaced it with Oh Pretty Woman (Van Halen)

-Cut show of students singing Low Shoulder song.

-Cut some students walking in the school during the sad montage.

-Added Memories by Midnight to the sex scenes.

-Added Bella Lugosi is dead to Needy driving away from Chip.

-Added Echo and the Bunnymen instrumental version to Needy and Jennifer’s conversation in her room.

-Removed the origin story of how Jennifer became a succubus.

-Addes the song Devil Woman to the library scene.

-Added back a deleted scene which has Needy confront Jennifer in the shower and try to reverse the curse.

-Cut down Needy telling Chip to not go to the dance to make the scene drag less and be more serious.

-This scene had a lot and I mean a lot of pauses after every sentence spoken.

-Added “I Know There Is Something Going On by Frida throughout the next couple of scenes so I had sound instead of narration.

-Cut scene of other girls getting ready for the dance.

-Added back a deleted scene of Needy putting contacts in and getting ready for the dance.

-Removed scene of Chip’s mom taking his picture for the prom to make it seem that Chip is still on the fence of going or not going.

-Removed a couple of lines between Chip and Jennifer.

-Replaced the music during the swimming pool fight with Heartstopper It just felt so underwhelming to me.

-Added back a deleted scene of Needy confronting the band at the dance and scaring them away followed by another couple of scenes of more of the town reacting to the murders and Needy grabbing the toolbox knife.

-Added Heatflow Track 11 of The Guest II soundtrack over the deleted scenes and Needy morning over Chip and the fact her best friend is gone.

-The music during Needy and Jennifer’s Final fight felt incredibly underwhelming to me just like the swimming pool scene so I changed it to : Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll

-Removed Jennifer’s mom seeing her daughter’s dead body.

-Removed Prison ending scene.

-Removed Lance Henriksen cameo. (Please forgive me)

-Added Dancing in the Moonlight as the credits song.

-Added Lady Strange to the credits once Dancing in the Moonlight is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright first edit is in the works here, started with the opening.

The original version :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Cwam-TtKDOQQ7Fu2HgtoZZrHSJdjM1t/view?usp=sharing

No downloaded button this time. Uploaded to my google drive cause youtube copyright said hell no.

My version:

Major changes are to be found in tone, a first colour grade has been done as well but just like the clip it's still pretty rough. In the film this is Jennifer at her lowest point and I don't think the film really portrayed that or even the opening all that well.

I'm thinking off perhaps adding a two months earlier card to better show the transition but I'm not sure about it. But what do you think of my version?

Last edited:
One of my least liked scenes in the entire film. I just find the placing off it so incredibly odd. It’s about fifty eight minutes into the film and we’ve already seen that Jennifer is something otherworldly at this point so then we get a scene that explains that Jennifer has become something otherworldly.

I just don’t think there needed to be that much attention put upon it. While I do think the scene in question is pretty funny I just think it slows things down way too much for the film.

I’ve also added Echo and the Bunnymen instrumental version to the background.

Audio editing is really not my strong suit but I’ve done my best for this first version.

Here's the original sacrifice scene:

My version:

Watching your scene before the original version you're almost there - a bit more polish and you'll have it so that nobody would know there was a scene cut.

A couple of things I noticed:
1. You could increase the volume of the added music a little, at the moment it's almost too quiet.
2. To mask the audio cut a bit better I'd suggest ending Jennifer's line after "Totally evil" - that feels like a more natural point for Needy to respond as she does.

You're definitely onto something! I like the new opening, but the shot that freeze frames on Jennifer's face is quite awkward without the VO. If you could, I would suggest cutting it sooner. And maybe it's just my computer, but the added "Don't Fear the Reaper" cover is quite loud compared to the movie audio. Nice song choice, though! Perhaps consider adding some ambient noise / wild sounds of wind blowing and tree leaves rustling to really make it feel seamless!

Looking forward to the final edit!

Thanks for the encouragement! And funny you should mention the freeze frame I’ve already taken that one out cause I felt the same way about it.

I like the idea of adding a bit more sound to it, I’ll look into some more ambiance. And I’ll look into the sound of the Reaper song, sounded fine on my end but I’ll look into it.

Before I’ll show updated versions of my previous two edits I’m showing one of the many, many song replacements of the film.

Not that I have anything against the film’s soundtrack / score per se. It’s just that I prefer other songs and am just having fun adding stuff I want. This is one such example.

Original Version :

My Version :

Let me know what you think, mainly about the music transitions because again audio editing is really not my strength.

I love that you are editing this movie. I remember it well. Everything looks great so far!

It's quickly becoming one of my favourites but damn narration here is insane. Still a great film. Love how funny it is. Thanks man!

So combining a couple of deleted scenes I have put together a so called Mourning montage.

This takes place right after Jennifer kills Needy’s boyfriend and will be the penultimate scene of the film, right before the Jennifer / Needy fight in Jennifer’s bedroom.

I used Track 11 Heathflow of The Guest II soundtrack to add as the sole score for the scene.

Let me know what you guys think.

OG Version:

My Version :

Edited this one scene of Needy and Chip cause the pauses that happened in this scene were insane to me. It's a really, really minor edit but I still wanted to show it. Also removed some lines I didn't think fit with the conversation.

My version :

Original version:

Last edited:
Edited this one scene of Needy and Chip cause the pauses that happened in this scene were insane to me. It's a really, really minor edit but I still wanted to show it. Also removed some lines I didn't think fit with the conversation.

My version :

Original version:

There's certainly something wonky about both of those.

Back
Top Bottom