• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Isolating the audio from 2 clips

Energy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all,

Working on my Golden Compass edit and I have one of the biggest problems that I keep coming across, shots and scenes that I want to use have come from trailers or featurettes and have background music.

Now after a bit of searching, a fan favourite clip, I've found two copies of. Both have music in the background of the scene, but I was wondering if there is a way of isolating the vocals and sound effects of the scene by multiplying the two together and cancelling out anything that doesn't exist in both clips?

I don't mind if it's mono or anything - I will add post effects after. Just mainly trying to get the vocals. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Energy said:
there is a way of isolating the vocals and sound effects of the scene by multiplying the two together and cancelling out anything that doesn't exist in both clips?

Nope, can't be done. To cancel out, you'd need an EXACT copy of the music track. And I don't mean the same song - I mean the exact same recording and mix of the song used in the trailer.

Sorry, but you're tough out of luck there.

The only other option is to try something like soundsoap but it has never quite worked the way I wanted it to. But it might work for your needs.

damn - k will give soundsoap ago when I have a few mins. Least the new version I found the background music isn't quite as loud. So will take the audio from that clip... See what I can do with some cleaning out...

Back
Top Bottom