• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

indie treasures

that is a cool cd. tortured cats make great vocalists. I'm still looking around for trans am, but in the meantime....

here is a newer one that I think you will enjoy....

Moneen. Lots of great songs by these guys. first two albums were the best. listen to the song 'Are we really happy with who we are right now?'

i think it may be up your alley

OK, we can talk about midschool hardcore again now :)

lewis886 said:
i don't know if many of you know about Spoon. they've had a minor hit or 2. but nothing big. they are about as big as an indie band can get while still remaining essentially indie.... take a listen to their upcoming album... cool indie pop/rock.

http://www.mergerecords.com/gagagajuke/

i didnt even see this before :? I'll have to give them a listen. thanks lewis

yeah, spoon rocks good. i'd have to say "Gimme Fiction" is by far their best album. and it is absolutely amazing. http://www.spoontheband.com their other stuff is cool too, but gimme fiction is just incredible.

spoon just came on my pandora station. cool stuff, lewis.

ThrowgnCpr said:
here is a newer one that I think you will enjoy....

Moneen. Lots of great songs by these guys. first two albums were the best. listen to the song 'Are we really happy with who we are right now?'

yup. they are cool. I?ve just listened to the first album and it nice. they have this vital energy which is so important for this kind of music. thanks dude.

let?s tie boon to a chair and make him listen to it...

:)

btw: i had still no luck in finding trans am records (the non-electronic-non-german-non-ugly rock ones)...
:(

i am all for tying boon up to make him listen to some quality jams :)

i haven't had much luck finding them either. i have searched my apartment for them and came up empty. I swear I had some of their stuff. The gnomes must have run off with it, and are rocking out in the garden. I'll keep the search on. I would love to hear them again too!

curse your apartment!

;-)

I cry out loud ?boompalompa? three times when I find them just so you know it...

following the Spermbirds comment...

Lee was part of another band called 2BAD.
They were amazing as well.

havenz said:
following the Spermbirds comment...

Lee was part of another band called 2BAD.
They were amazing as well.

dude...you just qualified as a member with a very fine taste in music. 2bad is great. i have all their records and saw them live a few times.

here is your member card for the HC lounge...TC will hand you your glass of milk and your cookie...

:)

OK, its time for another installment (so sit back with a cup of milk and grab a cookie)

One of my all time favorite bands. I believe I have mentioned them before, but its time to promote them some more. Murder By Death They write amazing music, and it is just perfected with the touch of cello from Sarah Balliet. I highly recommend!

[youtube:24yd6to8]

oh yeah, forgot about them. will have to check it out today sometime. i always enjoy finding new musical treats :)

another indie band that has fallen... Pretty Girls Make Graves. After 3 full lengths, they called it quits this past spring. was a cool band

[youtube:2nsnhzy2]

hey throw -

PGMG was one of my favorite bands!

i've been a fan since before PGMG with Murder City Devils :)

i'm in seattle and i've seen them so many times...

i saw the MCD reunion at the capital hill block party in 2006.

glad to see you have good taste in music!

cool, i will have to check it out later. did you watch that clip I sent you?

crap... no.... lol sorry
i'm sending myself an email right now so i can't forget tonight ;)

Back
Top Bottom