• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - The Fox Cut

Congrats!
TFMIJKOTCS-NOW-ON-IFDb.png

Last edited:
This was a huge improvement over the theatrical cut! I managed to actually mostly enjoy this film? Insanity! Honestly, this was incredibly well done and I am inspired to perhaps take a (whip) crack at it sometime myself :)

This was a huge improvement over the theatrical cut! I managed to actually mostly enjoy this film? Insanity! Honestly, this was incredibly well done and I am inspired to perhaps take a (whip) crack at it sometime myself :)
Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Thanks for sharing your edit! Having finally watched this, I'll say overall it was very well done. The new intro works great and the truncated ending is also nicely done. The only edit which felt jarring was the reworked waterfall piece. I understand the logic but just like in the movie... it's probably an impossibility to make it flow well... you either get ridiculous cgi and improbable survival or a weird transition.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the cartoonish grave gymnasts or the wall hibernating temple Geonosians, but they do add a little spunk to the movie. Between this edit and DonkeyKonga's edit, I think this is about as much juice as can be squeezed out of this feature. Indy 4 ain't one of the great ones but you've done good work to make it better.

Thanks for sharing your edit! Having finally watched this, I'll say overall it was very well done. The new intro works great and the truncated ending is also nicely done. The only edit which felt jarring was the reworked waterfall piece. I understand the logic but just like in the movie... it's probably an impossibility to make it flow well... you either get ridiculous cgi and improbable survival or a weird transition.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the cartoonish grave gymnasts or the wall hibernating temple Geonosians, but they do add a little spunk to the movie. Between this edit and DonkeyKonga's edit, I think this is about as much juice as can be squeezed out of this feature. Indy 4 ain't one of the great ones but you've done good work to make it better.
Thanks so much for watching and for the feedback!

Totally with you on the waterfall sequence - I tried to think of every possible way to get them from the end of the ant fight to the cave in the waterfall and there is nothing more that can be done with the material.

I still can’t believe a bunch of professionals could watch the tree sequence in an editing room and go “yep that looks good!”

Thanks again!

So I took your comments to heart, and my OCD took over. I feel like this movie is a rubik's cube that I just have to solve!

We all know the hardest thing to fix in this movie is the jungle chase/ants/waterfall sequence. I feel like I fixed some of the things, but totally with you - the stock waterfall shots felt out of place and there is just not a great way to get the jeep down to the river. Unless what if we don't show it??

I reworked the sequence quite a bit moving some clips around. When Indy picks up Ox at the end of the fight, I have him say "get to the river" - to show they are going to be driving to the river. How they get down there you ask? - I don't know, there is a trail no one saw off-screen..haha! I don't think it really matters.

I then moved the shot of Spalko getting picked up from the vine she is hanging on to later - making it seem like the good guys were able to put some distance between them.

She then in (not) Russian yells at her men that the good guys are already to the river and getting away. I added subtitles fully realizing what she is saying in Russian is not what the captions show - but I don't know Russian and for me it works. Perhaps with AI we can get the actual translation correct, but for now this works for my viewings.

So now not using any outside material, I feel like there is a sequence that makes sense and maybe isn't as jarring? I'd love to know your thoughts! I also have a version that cuts from the shot of Spalko looking at them in the river to the good guys entering the waterfall cave, cutting the waterfall sequence completely. I just view that as Ox leading them to their next destination without necessarily seeing how they got there. That is option B!

So I took your comments to heart, and my OCD took over. I feel like this movie is a rubik's cube that I just have to solve!

We all know the hardest thing to fix in this movie is the jungle chase/ants/waterfall sequence. I feel like I fixed some of the things, but totally with you - the stock waterfall shots felt out of place and there is just not a great way to get the jeep down to the river. Unless what if we don't show it??

I reworked the sequence quite a bit moving some clips around. When Indy picks up Ox at the end of the fight, I have him say "get to the river" - to show they are going to be driving to the river. How they get down there you ask? - I don't know, there is a trail no one saw off-screen..haha! I don't think it really matters.

I then moved the shot of Spalko getting picked up from the vine she is hanging on to later - making it seem like the good guys were able to put some distance between them.

She then in (not) Russian yells at her men that the good guys are already to the river and getting away. I added subtitles fully realizing what she is saying in Russian is not what the captions show - but I don't know Russian and for me it works. Perhaps with AI we can get the actual translation correct, but for now this works for my viewings.

So now not using any outside material, I feel like there is a sequence that makes sense and maybe isn't as jarring? I'd love to know your thoughts! I also have a version that cuts from the shot of Spalko looking at them in the river to the good guys entering the waterfall cave, cutting the waterfall sequence completely. I just view that as Ox leading them to their next destination without necessarily seeing how they got there. That is option B!

Damn, you work quick! IMO this is pretty solid. I'm curious what other people have to say about it.

Damn, you work quick! IMO this is pretty solid. I'm curious what other people have to say about it.
Thanks! This started a domino effect! The other part of my edit that I still felt "fan-edity" was the end of the quicksand scene where we just crop them out of the final shot. I hate that the father/son reveal happens during that scene because there is no way to cut it if you want to keep that aspect.

Tried something new and changed the soundtrack - curious to see everyone's opinion on this as well. @DonkeyKonga and @ArtisDead what do you guys think as well? Not sure if you saw the above fix to the ant fight/waterfall sequence?

Thanks! This started a domino effect! The other part of my edit that I still felt "fan-edity" was the end of the quicksand scene where we just crop them out of the final shot. I hate that the father/son reveal happens during that scene because there is no way to cut it if you want to keep that aspect.

Tried something new and changed the soundtrack - curious to see everyone's opinion on this as well. @DonkeyKonga and @ArtisDead what do you guys think as well? Not sure if you saw the above fix to the ant fight/waterfall sequence?

Looks pretty good. I do like DK's choice to cut out the son reveal but this works too.

Looks pretty good. I do like DK's choice to cut out the son reveal but this works too.
I actually prefer Donkey’s too - but now that Dial of Destiny is out and I liked that movie, I feel like for continuity purpose he needs to stay Indy’s son. I get that Donkey tried to have it inferred by the end that he was Indy’s son without it being specifically stated, but I still wanted there to be an “official” reveal.

I actually prefer Donkey’s too - but now that Dial of Destiny is out and I liked that movie, I feel like for continuity purpose he needs to stay Indy’s son. I get that Donkey tried to have it inferred by the end that he was Indy’s son without it being specifically stated, but I still wanted there to be an “official” reveal.

Haven't seen part 5, but does it explicitly say he was his son? What's the context? :)

I'm a sucker for visual continuity, so for me personally this is a bit distracting since the car does teleport into the water below. It's good, but I personally prefer to just have the silly tree-jump.
Regarding the snake, I personally wanted Indy to be the father, but I just don't like the snake abuse and couldn't figure out how to make it all visually consistent. Yours works well, but for me personally, I'd rather cut the scene entirely and see if I could somehow turn Mutt into his stepson in part 5. But I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know to what extend it could be done haha

Haven't seen part 5, but does it explicitly say he was his son? What's the context? :)

I'm a sucker for visual continuity, so for me personally this is a bit distracting since the car does teleport into the water below. It's good, but I personally prefer to just have the silly tree-jump.
Regarding the snake, I personally wanted Indy to be the father, but I just don't like the snake abuse and couldn't figure out how to make it all visually consistent. Yours works well, but for me personally, I'd rather cut the scene entirely and see if I could somehow turn Mutt into his stepson in part 5. But I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know to what extend it could be done haha
Yes it does say he’s his son - and it’s one of the better scenes in the movie in my opinion.

I’m planning on cutting a good 30 minutes out of 5 in my edit so you can wait and just watch that! 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom