• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - The Fox Cut

I’m planning on cutting a good 30 minutes out of 5 in my edit so you can wait and just watch that! 🤣🤣
Interesting. I have not seen Indy 5 either. I may watch your edit first. Will it be 1080p or 4k?

1080 - I know I know… 🤷‍♂️🤣
I'm going to go out and say this:

4K is NOT suitable for a fanedit. Fanedits needs to be downloaded, and a proper 4K film will easily be 50GB. Any less and the whole idea of 4K gets compressed to hell.

A proper 1080 render will often look better than a bad 4k one. In fact, my RotJ edit wás 4k, untill I realised it looked better in 1080p given the size restrictions.

The only thing a 4k source will provide that's of use for a faneditor is the colorgrade.

I'm going to go out and say this:

4K is NOT suitable for a fanedit. Fanedits needs to be downloaded, and a proper 4K film will easily be 50GB. Any less and the whole idea of 4K gets compressed to hell.

A proper 1080 render will often look better than a bad 4k one. In fact, my RotJ edit wás 4k, untill I realised it looked better in 1080p given the size restrictions.

The only thing a 4k source will provide that's of use for a faneditor is the colorgrade.
I agree - actually the video production company I work for rarely provides our clients with 4K masters. We shoot everything in 4K but end up downconverting to 1080 because no one can handle the file sizes. And I’m still pretty sure some directv local channels (which is what are commercials air on) broadcast in 720!

I agree - actually the video production company I work for rarely provides our clients with 4K masters. We shoot everything in 4K but end up downconverting to 1080 because no one can handle the file sizes. And I’m still pretty sure some directv local channels (which is what are commercials air on) broadcast in 720!

Yeah, that's why screaming services using 4k is just not worth it yet. There is quote a quality lead between 4k bluray and 4k screaming.

I'm going to go out on a limb and (not trying to sound cocky) but I've finished what I believe to be the absolute best version of Crystal Skull that there ever can be. I can't take credit for the entire thing, because much like the Red Apple Crew - this edit is only possible because of the work @spence and @DonkeyKonga put into this. I almost wish we could release it all as one collective group.

I am extreme OCD and also a video editor by profession - once I start on something I can't stop until it is perfect. I lay in bed at night thinking about how I can fix things. Every Crystal Skull fanedit has moments that (due to how horrible the movie is) that just scream "that was fixed". I want to make one that doesn't have that feeling.

It took everything @spence and @DonkeyKonga did to get this point, but I feel like I finally cracked the jungle chase. I don't care about awards, I don't care about credit - I just love Indiana Jones and feel like this is the version people should see if they hated Crystal Skull.

Special credit goes to @MoviesGamesMusic for making me fix something minor that led to me reworking everything!

If anyone wants to see it, PM me - I am not going to do a re-release or anything like that. Just feel like it should be seen and that credit should be given to others!

Oh and I'm not trying to be vain! I want input - lets collectively as a group make this thing the best it can be - honestly it can be Crystal Skull - The Fanedit Cut. I want to get this right finally!

Oh and I'm not trying to be vain! I want input - lets collectively as a group make this thing the best it can be - honestly it can be Crystal Skull - The Fanedit Cut. I want to get this right finally!

I completely understand. It's a passion for what you wishes the source material was. Congratulations on having finished a new version for you to inevitably revisit once ai tools will just lets you create entire scenes from scratch ;)

I completely understand. It's a passion for what you wishes the source material was. Congratulations on having finished a new version for you to inevitably revisit once ai tools will just lets you create entire scenes from scratch ;)
Hahaha….so true! AI is going to drive us all crazy with the possibilities.

I hope you know that my obsession (and it is an obsession….haha) started because you showed me how much can be done to save a movie. Your interrogation scene that removed the refrigerator line is what started this entire snowball. I’m also saying this as a good thing! 🤣🤣

You showed me something I didn’t think could be fixed could be fixed.

I’m going to do a couple previews because there is something in the movie I might revert back to the original - I think when removing many of the ridiculous things, one ridiculous thing may not stand out as much.

Fine - I’ll just tell you 🤣🤣🤣

The scene after the jungle chase and right before the ant fight when Spalko’s car runs over Indy’s car - I always hated it. But now that my jungle chase is (in my opinion) so clean in its edits that the only part I think that stands out is the end and how I have Indy’s car fly into the anthill. I’m thinking if I restore the original version, while stupid - it might not be as jarring to viewers.

Hahaha….so true! AI is going to drive us all crazy with the possibilities.

I hope you know that my obsession (and it is an obsession….haha) started because you showed me how much can be done to save a movie. Your interrogation scene that removed the refrigerator line is what started this entire snowball. I’m also saying this as a good thing! 🤣🤣

You showed me something I didn’t think could be fixed could be fixed.

I’m going to do a couple previews because there is something in the movie I might revert back to the original - I think when removing many of the ridiculous things, one ridiculous thing may not stand out as much.

Fine - I’ll just tell you 🤣🤣🤣

The scene after the jungle chase and right before the ant fight when Spalko’s car runs over Indy’s car - I always hated it. But now that my jungle chase is (in my opinion) so clean in its edits that the only part I think that stands out is the end and how I have Indy’s car fly into the anthill. I’m thinking if I restore the original version, while stupid - it might not be as jarring to viewers.

That moment never bothered me at all. Its the amount of stupid that makes you hate everything that's the problem.

Let's not forget part one has indy somehow hide from nazis in a submarine for god knows how long. A SUBMARINE.

But the audience doesn't care, because its a small thing to get upset about in a terrific film.

That moment never bothered me at all. Its the amount of stupid that makes you hate everything that's the problem.

Let's not forget part one has indy somehow hide from nazis in a submarine for god knows how long. A SUBMARINE.

But the audience doesn't care, because its a small thing to get upset about in a terrific film.
Well now you know I’m going to have to make V11 (yes 11) because I’m going to put that back in…it never ends! 🤣🤣

I'm going to go out on a limb and (not trying to sound cocky) but I've finished what I believe to be the absolute best version of Crystal Skull that there ever can be. I can't take credit for the entire thing, because much like the Red Apple Crew - this edit is only possible because of the work @spence and @DonkeyKonga put into this. I almost wish we could release it all as one collective group.

If anyone wants to see it, PM me - I am not going to do a re-release or anything like that. Just feel like it should be seen and that credit should be given to others!
Definitely interested.

Just watched the new version mentioned yesterday and as a relative newbie here, I must say I really enjoyed it. All killer, no filler.

It was like watching an old skool Indy movie but with an, er, old(er) Indy.

I had wanted to re-watch this movie for years but it had some overlong meh and chunks of tedium that kept me away. Now I feel I have a version I can revisit. Thank you @TheFoxMan @spence @DonkeyKonga

The new Jungle Sequence in the Fox Cut very elegantly cuts out the monkeys! Honestly, if I had known this was an option to remove them I could have saved myself a huge headache. So simple and obvious! Well done Fox!
A clear improvement over your previous versions!

Back
Top Bottom