• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Huntress : Dead On Arrival - A DCEU Edit of Kate (2021)

Augh I wish! I've had ideas, but neither Margo Robbie or Rosie Perez is on Cameo lol

But seriously, if I could get custom voiceover from either Harley or a recognizable voice from BoP like Perez, I would totally give it a shot. Something along the lines of P-204 being odd and the Boom Boom Lemon being some random antidote, or the crew from BoP swoop in just in time, like Huntress called them before she went to Varrick's place... something along those lines :ROFLMAO:

Augh I wish! I've had ideas, but neither Margo Robbie or Rosie Perez is on Cameo lol

But seriously, if I could get custom voiceover from either Harley or a recognizable voice from BoP like Perez, I would totally give it a shot. Something along the lines of P-204 being odd and the Boom Boom Lemon being some random antidote, or the crew from BoP swoop in just in time, like Huntress called them before she went to Varrick's place... something along those lines :ROFLMAO:

Tbh, I'd rather not, she had a good and very emotional death in the film (mixing it with the credits was a genius move btw). I feel in my guts that we aren't getting a BoP 2 or an official Huntress solo project, so this is just a perfect send-off for the character.

Do you know when the edit is going to have its own page, so I can drop a review after I re-watch it this weekend?

Last edited:
Hmmm. This has me thinking...
I'm don't know if this would be worth it to the comic fans like you, but the female radio voice that speaks to her might be able to be removed completely...

Which would leave room for the possibility to add new dialogue to make it Spyral-specific.

Does anyone know of tv shows or movies that have the Spyral agency in it that might have some ideas? Is it worth it for one more easter egg for only the serious comic fans?

Maybe try some AI generated voice for additional dialogue lines?
Results can be quite good. There are some voice models for Harley Quinn here https://fakeyou.com/ (not Margot Robbie version though)

Last edited:
Tbh, I'd rather not, she had a good and very emotional death in the film (mixing it with the credits was a genius move btw). I feel in my guts that we aren't getting a BoP 2 or an official Huntress solo project, so this is just a perfect send-off for the character.

Do you know when the edit is going to have its own page, so I can drop a review after I re-watch it this weekend?
Agreed.

BTW I went with calling out [AGENCY] in the subtitles for the voiceover, as opposed to someone in particular. I love the Agent Zero idea, but having someone that important close to Varrick's betrayal seemed out of character. More likely the woman onthe radio is someone lower level, that he can deceive or have on his payroll without creating bigger questions.

I was thinking of releasing next weekend, giving just a little more time in case I can think of any more easter eggs to squeeze in. But I love the passion my friend!!

Last edited:
T6O35AC.jpg

I thought about another easter egg more related to BoP you could use in this shot. How about adding one of the Birds of Prey logos on the left corner of that intel wall?

7afef781c7152cacb039e94a13466fd5.png
Birds_of_Prey_%28comics%2C_2010%2C_logo%29.jpg
BfcNWFOtIQ-OtBp6aqTS8qF1BfBMcVXvTwajgBws4y4.jpg

I think the last one could fit better, but it's the only good pic I could find. It's from Arkham Knight.

Too bad it's nearly impossible to add the Van Criss lab or Wayne corp logos on the medicine Helena takes against the effects of P-204.

There's also that scene at 49:44 where Helena and Ani are in a cab, how about adding a Japanese radio news station AI voiced in the background covering something related to the DCEU, with translation in the subtitles, it could be Luthor breaking out of Arkham or Harley getting caught again or better, Superman getting shot by Bloodsport!

Last edited:
There's also that scene at 49:44 where Helena and Ani are in a cab, how about adding a Japanese radio news station AI voiced in the background covering something related to the DCEU, with translation in the subtitles, it could be Luthor breaking out of Arkham or Harley getting caught again or better, Superman getting shot by Bloodsport!

Or, sorry, I just thought about it right now, it could be something less superheroic and more minimalistic, to fit the tone of the film. The speaker could talk about the military coup in Corto Maltese, teasing Suicide Squad 2, or if Huntress D.O.A is set after Peacemaker, it could mention the involvement of the US government in the Task Force X program, and use audio footage of Adebayo's press conference from the finale. I personally think that this last one is the best option if you consider going for that easter egg, because it's stays with the theme of the story, which is lies, secrets and manipulation, in other words, man is a wolf to man.

I think it is pretty tight. The only issues I have is that since all references of Kate have been removed no one calls her anything, would like someone to acknowledge her as Huntress someway somehow. And it needs a little something that says "this is the DC universe". Wish there was a small action set piece in Gotham as a cold open, then a plane trip to Japan, then edit commences. Turkish Airline footage from the BVS trailer could work for the flight.

Would be tough to find action pieces with Mary Elizabeth Winstead that could be set somewhere resembling Gotham, since except for Kate, BoP, and Gemini Man, she isn't that much of an action star. But the BvS Turkish Airlines is a good source to get some Gotham aerial shots.

I haven't seen Gemini Man, is there anything that could be used from there? If you Use the CU when Huntress is wearing the motorcycle helmet and tighten it so we are focusing on her face and the helmet outline, you might be able to cobble together a decent action sequence from The Courier to use.

I haven't seen Gemini Man, is there anything that could be used from there?

Unfortunately, not really, the plot doesn't even permit it to be turned into a Huntress/Deadshot movie. Didn't watch The Courier, is there action scenes where Olga Kurylenko keeps her helmet on? If it's the case, the way I imagine it, it could actually work.

I scanned through it really quickly, but there seemed to be enough to put something together. Mix that with the Turkish Airline footage and I think you might have a nifty cold open then we are on to the credits and opening in Japan.

Love all these ideas!

In reference to BoP logos in Renji's dossiers, i player around but unfortunately didn't find anything that worked for me. The legibility on the screens is super low so getting anything recognizable requires scale, like the Spectre logo. Adding the BoP logos within a business-friendly look, while still maintaining some form of legibility is proving a real challenge. My results seem to call too much attention to themselves, so I am respectfully holding back on this one. But I gave it an honest attempt, I swear!

I will take a look at a possible new open, thanks for the ideas! It would have to be really worth it, as i really love the current open showing her arriving in Tokyo while the conversation with Varrick plays, leading into the end of that conversation, then title screen. The Huntress helmet shot is actually used to close out her flashback after the car crash, as a strong visual close to her history up until that moment, so using that somehow to build a new moment in her life before she leaves for Tokyo would possibly tarnish any other shots used as well from BoP from what they were originally, which isn't as much of an issue in flashback usage. A possible idea for a next version!

But as it stands, I am happy with the current version, and ready to release! The IFDB posting will go up this weekend! Thank you everyone for the valuable feedback!!!!

The V2.07 is definitely canon to DCEU for me now, the two characters fit so perfectly well with one another, that it's impossible for me to see Kate as someone else other than Helena Bertinelli. How you integrated the new flashback sequences were enough for me to be completely sold once and for all. Now when I think Kate and Huntress DOA, this is what comes to mind.

4tvuhv.jpg

Last edited:
Funny enough, a couple of days ago, I saw J.J Abraham's Overlord, and thought that the basis was pretty solid to turn it into a Sgt. Rock movie, Wyatt Russel's Corporal Ford is pretty similar to the DC character.

DC-Horror-Presents-Sgt.-Rock-vs.-The-Army-of-the-Dead-1-3-1.jpg

Last edited:
I will take a look at a possible new open, thanks for the ideas! It would have to be really worth it, as i really love the current open showing her arriving in Tokyo while the conversation with Varrick plays, leading into the end of that conversation, then title screen. The Huntress helmet shot is actually used to close out her flashback after the car crash, as a strong visual close to her history up until that moment, so using that somehow to build a new moment in her life before she leaves for Tokyo would possibly tarnish any other shots used as well from BoP from what they were originally, which isn't as much of an issue in flashback usage. A possible idea for a next version!
I didn't mean to replace what you have, I love it the way it is. I meant for something to play right after the DC logo but before the rest of the opening credits. A cold open to establish where we were to where we are going on this new adventure.

Ah, I dig it! I'll start playing in the side!

Back
Top Bottom