• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

how much is too much?

How much is too much?

• Bring it on! I'd watch the 4 hr Epic and the 6 hr Bonus disk!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Regular lenght for me. 2 hrs max.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Less is More. 1 hr of tight fun!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the 1 minute movies! tee-hee!

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
I still want to see the 6 hour Das Boot. Apocalypse Now Redux is great but I could live without the chateau scene though. It kinda pulls me out of the movie. I'd love for someone with more skills than myself to do a workprint using the deleted scenes from "The Complete Dosier" version. The reason I say "someone with more skills than myself" is because I still haven't figured out cropping and matting scenes. I'd guess that the timecode should be removed. Also you may need to fix some of the colors.

the 6h DAS BOOT cut is the best available.

I know quite a few months back The Warriors extended cut I sent in had 33 or so hits on it. People do love longer cuts of films, especially when the film is older and the extra footage is not commonly available, rather than when they give you the deleted scenes on the dvd. Then again thats slightly opposite to how your poll went

killbillme said:
I looked up the posting for Adywan:Star Wars IV Revisited and it appears rapidshare links went up Jan 20.
thats 26 days ago. To me, that says that went people really want something they get it right away.
Hey I know the poll is very unscientific, but at a 3-1 margin, doesn't that mean that the EE downloads should be 3-1 higher numbers than regular fanedits?
maybe we need an statistician for this.
And of the top 14 fanedits, none of them are actual EE.
I'm not out to diss the EEs. It just seem that the feedback was very much in favour of longer length but I'm not sure the RS download numbers support that.
Is there a silent majority that doesn't bother with polls? or even this forum?
And also what happened to AUSTIN POWERS EE? ELF EE? TENACIOUS D EE?
I couldn't find them in the rs download list.

You are using flawed logic.

I like long films, so that means I would download extended fan edits more than any other? Not so.

More often than not, a fan edit trims and alters a film. The reasons for this differ project to project - from the film being total rubish to a film getting lost in the narritive structure, or to a simple re imaging.

I find, more often than not, the deleted scenes includes as a bonus on a dvd, to be deleted for a reason. Of course there are exceptions to that.

Its all down to the material.

Take WALK THE LINE for example. That film contains some excellent deleted scenes, all of which were cut for length. Now Gangrel has put up an extended version I'll be downloading it once I've renewed my RS account.

Tempting as it may be to engage in debate over flawed logic or exceptions to the rule, I won't. Little will be gained by this and life is too short.
Enough opinions have been voiced both pro and con.
A very unscientific poll was taken and everyone can see the results.
And finally, thanks to boon and others, actual download numbers can be checked.
Now its up to whoever is interested to make their own conclusions.
In the long run people will download what interest them reguardless of length.
And faneditors will carry on with their experiments as it should be.
And this little thread eventually will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.
time to lock her up.

Now for a real interesting thread go here

well I think I am going to make an extended version of this thread :)

It depends on the movie or saga. Personally, I believe movies like Harry Potter should not have a length superior to 2 hours and 54 minutes. Or Star Wars, which should not reach 2 hours and 40 minutes, but it must not be under 2 hours. The Lord of the Rings, for Example must reach at least 2 hours and 52 minutes. Spider-Man for example, should not get to 2 hours and 15 minutes, or it will become eternal, like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Spider-Man 3.

Seven-year-old thread...

Back
Top Bottom