• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

HOT FUZZ: The Actually Rather Funny Edition

The DVD is done and ready to burn, but I've run out of blank discs and I have no money to buy any at the moment. Therefore until I can get some more, I'll be working on my next edit and some other projects.

Well, guess what? I have a brand-new 24Mbit line! I think I'll be able to seed this as a torrent within a few days.

Hey Ghostcut, do you happen to also like the series Spaced? I recently finished watching the whole think and loved it. With Pegg and Frost, I find it's more about the little, subtle jokes, y'know? I've seen the first series of Hyperspace as well, which was my big introduction to Frost. I love his understated, somewhat Gervais-like acting.

I haven't seen Spaced, though I'm working on getting the boxset or seeing some episodes on 4OD.

I've decided to RapidShare this. I'm splitting the files as I write. Should be up sometime tonight.

The Single Layer DVD is now being uploaded to RapidShare.

I'm working on the DVD cover now. I'm 3/4ths of the way done, I'll get it by tonight.

Possibly. I'll be able to seed from about 6:00pm GMT (but seeing as it's my first torrent I've uploaded, it might be a bit later).

i really look forward to this.

me and some friends were going to watch this tomorrow and it would be cool to watch your edit instead ;)

amazing

i'll jump on when i get home from work

i'll post up some feedback over the weekend, too :)

HOT FUZZ: The Actually Rather Funny Edition by Ghostcut

The edit:
Overall good. There were no hard cuts, no flaws to the image or the plot which I did notice, the plot was complete and had a nice flow to it. The edit comes with 3 audio choices and only the third one works on both my PC and my DVD players. Also the background noise and music on the third audio track is noticeably to loud at times. The buttons on the otherwise nice menu are not highlighting for me at all, which means navigating by lucky guess. This for sure is a very nice fanedit and it improves the movie a lot IMO. On the entertainment level I enjoyed the movie this way a lot more than the original (although that one was also quite good), still the ending is for my taste to long to over-the-top.
editing: 5 of 5,
entertainment: 4 of 5

Image quality:
The image quality is perfect.
video quality: 5 of 5

Audio quality:
As I mentioned it before, there are 3 audio options, but only the last one (2.0) works on both my DVD players and my PC. Also the audio had a strange problem to it, that the background noise and music were to loud at parts, which made understanding of what was said almost impossible, especially in the beginning. Other than that, all audio transitions worked really well, no flaws there, good work. But I would hope for a version with corrected audio.
audio: 2 of 5

The DVD:
The DVD comes with a nice animated menu, but the buttons are not highlighting for me, so I have to choose by lucky guess. No artwork is attached.
DVD: 2 of 5

resulting in a 3 of 5 overall rating from me. This is a very good fanedit and definitely a huge improvement over the original, but the audio issues were distracting and the DVD menu does not work. I recommend this to be recreated, still it is an improvement over the original version, can be enjoyed a lot and is hereby approved to FANEDIT.ORG.
18596830yi7.png

HOT FUZZ: The Actually Rather Funny Edition by Ghostcut

The edit:
Overall good. There were no hard cuts, no flaws to the image or the plot which I did notice, the plot was complete and had a nice flow to it. The edit comes with 3 audio choices and only the third one works on both my PC and my DVD players. Also the background noise and music on the third audio track is noticeably to loud at times. The buttons on the otherwise nice menu are not highlighting for me at all, which means navigating by lucky guess. This for sure is a very nice fanedit and it improves the movie a lot IMO. On the entertainment level I enjoyed the movie this way a lot more than the original (although that one was also quite good), still the ending is for my taste to long to over-the-top.
editing: 5 of 5,
entertainment: 4 of 5

Image quality:
The image quality is perfect.
video quality: 5 of 5

Audio quality:
As I mentioned it before, there are 3 audio options, but only the last one (2.0) works on both my DVD players and my PC. Also the audio had a strange problem to it, that the background noise and music were to loud at parts, which made understanding of what was said almost impossible, especially in the beginning. Other than that, all audio transitions worked really well, no flaws there, good work. But I would hope for a version with corrected audio.
audio: 2 of 5

The DVD:
The DVD comes with a nice animated menu, but the buttons are not highlighting for me, so I have to choose by lucky guess. No artwork is attached.
DVD: 2 of 5

resulting in a 3 of 5 overall rating from me. This is a very good fanedit and definitely a huge improvement over the original, but the audio issues were distracting and the DVD menu does not work. I recommend this to be recreated, still it is an improvement over the original version, can be enjoyed a lot and is hereby approved to FANEDIT.ORG.

Artwork will be attatched within the next half hour or so. I'm finishing it up now.

Back
Top Bottom