• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Homeland

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, really amazing show. The last episode is artistic perfection.

Yes the show is great. Damian Lewis and Claire Danes are both excellent in this. And Damian Lewis, in my opinion, has the best American accent of any English actor on TV or film. (Ok Idris Elba in The Wire has a good one too, but please no one say Hugh Laurie, its not that good. Ok side track over).

Super excited for the second season. Also gem, how intense was that episode with the
seriously spoiler if you haven't watched the show
ball bearings (im still trying to be semi cryptic) and the phone call from the daughter
?

I'll keep all discussions in spoiler tags for anyone who hasn't watched this awesome show

I just watched last night's episode. Damn, these writers are NOT playing! Someone finds the video already?! In the second friggin episode. And was it just me or did the preview for next week's episode make it seem like Brody chased someone into the woods and kill them?!

And on a sidenote, I just discovered the actor who plays Estes is also British.

Haven't seen 2nd episode yet. Trying to catch up on Breaking Bad presently.

geminigod said:
Haven't seen 2nd episode yet. Trying to catch up on Breaking Bad presently.

You have a lot of good TV watching to catch up on!

I also have 3 papers and 3 exams due in the next week. Ugh.

I had been hesitant to watch this, my co-worker kept insisting it was great and I've heard raves online for it. I got a rule sometimes about not getting into a show until Season 3 is over, so I been watching it, half way through Season 2 so far and loving it.

Neglify said:
I had been hesitant to watch this, my co-worker kept insisting it was great and I've heard raves online for it. I got a rule sometimes about not getting into a show until Season 3 is over, so I been watching it, half way through Season 2 so far and loving it.

Good rule I suppose. Not really a spoiler but IMO, 3rd season should have been the last one (apparently it's been renewed for another season).

Marriage material right here:
morena-baccarin-the-.jpg

Just finished Season 3, I've really enjoyed the hell out of this show.Concur that the S3 finale felt more like a Series Finale. Very curious what they'll do next season, worried it will feel recycled or forced. But I'll keep watching as long as they keep writing good words.

Glad you enjoyed season 3, I thought it was a lot better than season 2 (which felt a bit like 24 lite). I couldn't understand the negative press given to Season 3. The slow burning, full season through-line was expertly handled, and the ending packed a huge punch. Bring on the reinvention that will be season 4.

I liked season 3 more than season 2 to be honest. Season 2 only got good in the end. Too much sobbing teens. Season 4 will be interesting,

Was that the end of him, or a trick?
Will we see their "greatest asset" rise to power?

Homeland Season 4 to begin production in mid-June, will shoot in South Africa.

Showtime wouldn’t specify where exactly [Carrie] Mathison would work as the new season is still being mapped out, only saying that she is being “assigned to one of the most volatile and dangerous CIA stations in the Middle East where she is back on the front lines in the war on terror.” ...Showtime president David Nevins already shed light on the setup for Season 4... “Homeland is a show that is deeply about a field operative (Carrie), and we haven’t seen her much in the field,” he said. “In Season 4 you will likely see her on the ground in a foreign capital doing her job,” adding that co-star Mandy Patinkin will continue to be “central and important” to the show.

Homeland will begin production in mid-June and shoot through November. ...Executive producer Alex Gansa, “We knew going into season four that we would need to move the production overseas to tell the story of Carrie returning to the Middle East as chief of station. We are thrilled to have found a new home in Cape Town and look forward to getting season four production off the ground.”

Homeland Season 4 trailer:

Season 4 premiere airs October 5th.

Will be fascinating to see what direction the show takes now given the events in season 3... I can't say I'm excited, but will certainly tune in to the first couple of eps to see where it leads.

TV's Frink said:
Boo-urns.

Nevermind. I looked it up, a Simpsons reference. Interesting, still not sure I understand the comment or the dislike. I was just declaring my heterosexual attraction to Rupert Friend as Peter Quinn on Homeland (I edited in case you deemed it homophobic). Frink, have you ever watched Homeland?

I have not. But yes, it's considered homophobic by many. My boo-urns and dislike didn't mean I think you are homophobic, merely that the term should not be used here. Thank you for deleting it.

(and I deleted it from my quote of you as well)

Back
Top Bottom