• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hobbit Legendary Edit: A Lord of the Rings Prequel, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one was great and surprising. Video and audio quality is great and everything you expect from a Hobbit edit is there. But first I was surprised how much this is closer to the LOTR feel, especially evident in how the Bag End feast was edited with its focus on food, sharp cuts, and audio overlap as the scene ends. Then, the removal of the eagle escape was an unexpected stroke of genius I didn't know I needed. When the story is presented in one movie the eagles break the flow and introduce plot holes. This change fixes that and keeps the story going and pressure on. The only bad cut I noticed was the Goblin King. His first scene is too close and sudden, it's missing at least an establishing shot. Other than that, the shield wall jump and ice jump were left in, which I only mention because I've seen an edit where that is removed (Stromboli). And no subtitles, for those who need them. All in all, a great one-movie Hobbit experience.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom