• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Highlight your Coming Attractions!

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As you hopefully have noticed, big things are afoot! As we gear up for the new site release, there will be a new section which highlights fanedits in the works. At present we plan on highlighting 5 edits on a brand new page. Visitors will be able to view your teaser trailer and jump to your in the works thread.

"So L8wrtr" you say, "This sounds totally bitch'n and my edit rocks. How do I get my project featured?" I'm glad you asked.

You will need the following to be considered:
A trailer that we can link to.
A poster which can be listed.
A Release date (month only, specific day is not needed)

Since we are planning on going live in January, we're looking for edits in which the editor figures at minimum a January release.

The submission process will be refined as the site takes shape, for now, you can PM me your desire to be featured, and be sure that either between your thread and/or your PM I have all the info needed.

If we have more than 5 qualifying submissions, the admin staff will determine which is featured in the 5-spot.

2nd Roll Call!

Build anticipation! Wet the appetites of those eager to see your work, introduce those not familiar with your thread your coming attraction!

The new site is coming, and with it is a section that highlights coming attractions. All you need are 3 things:
1) a poster image (doesn't have to be fancy)
2) a trailer hosted on an accessible site such as youtube, vimeo etc..
3) A tentative release month. (Don't worry if it ends up being pushed out another month we won't send Rocco to punish you.)

You can PM L8wrtr directly, or even just post here in this thread the appropriate links/info. We have a total of 5 spots in the listing with 2 now taken. We need 3 more, first-come-first serve.

Here's the info for the first release in my Vader Confidential edits:

original film name: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
new film name: Star Wars Episode I: The Gathering Storm

Film studio name: Lucasfilm
Edit crew name: Pagz
Date Original Film Was Released: May 19 1999
Edit Release Date: April 2nd, 2011
Original Runtime: 136 minutes
New Runtime: 85 minutes

thegatheringstormposterv2.jpg

Trailer:

Thread Bump and Update!

If you want FE to highlight your upcoming edit on the front page, here is how to do it.

1) Click the Media tab in the navigation menu near the top.

2) Submit your trailer or clip. Put a link to your In-The-Works thread in the information section. (Note: You may have to take off the s if it's https.)

3) If you want us to see it, click "Auto-create thread". This will make a thread in the Site News section. If you don't do this we won't notice it until it's pointed out to us. So if you forgot to make the thread send a PM to one of the Administrators.

Back
Top Bottom