• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Highlander 2 - The Show Must Go On

This looks epic! Highlander 2 has always been what could have been and looks like you made it shine

HIGHLANDER 2: THE SHOW MUST GO review

Hope this is the right part of the forum to post this, if not I apologize!

I loved the original HIGHLANDER, its still one of my favourite movies and landing in Hong Kong in 1990 and realizing that HIGHLANDER 2: THE QUICKENING opened that day, i made a point of hitting the cinema that night, and some 90 or so minutes later came to the conclusion that Jetlag was affecting me a lot more than i had realized, and blamed my confusion and why the movie seemed so disjointed on the affects of a 12 hr flight. A couple of days later i decided i'd adjusted suitably to revisit and was shocked at how rough and lacking the release version was, and over the years learnt about the various issues that had affected the film during production and post production.

The arrival of the Renegade Version on Laserdisc back in the day made a hell of a lot of an improvement, as did the subsequent ZIEST edition and the commentary, restored scenes and documentary features and interviews made me think we'd got the best version, and then last week i stumbled across the fanedit site and heard about Robulon's edit and needed to see it. I reached out to Robulon, and after a few minor issues with some overly moody software i was able to watch and I loved it!

From the opening scene with Brenda's death flowing into Freddie Mercury's haunting vocals on THE SHOW MUST GO ON, and the new credits and text, the shot of the now aged Mcleod driving to the Opera while we get the first glimpses of life under the shield, the Opera scene and flashback being cut in a way that makes sense and feels right, the Cobalt infliltration with Karate legend Mike Stone (Enter the Ninja) as part of Virginia Madsen's team,

Mcleod trying to come to terms with things including the realization that his past is catching up with him, and the battle with the flying assassins has never looked better and great use of HEADLONG to score the fight and chase,

some nice tightening up and repositioning of a few moments and trims, i have a very soft spot for the entire Ramirez ressurection scene "Alas Dear Shithead" and the tailer shop scene

I always loved the subway scene more for the idea than the execution and its absence here isn't missed, and makes the confrontation between Mcleod and Katana at the graveyard more effective, and makes the first fight between them work ever better

i'll do a full review at some point, apologies tonight I'm tired out, but great work by Robulon, i think it wasn't just the major adjustments, but some of the subtle ones, reworking certain dialogue and while i like Stewart Copeland and his album The Equalizer and other Cliff Hangers is a great release, never felt his music lived up to the Queen Michael Kamen soundtrack for the first film, so the use of selected Queen song's including Those Were The Days of Our Lives for the Finale made it all work so well for me.

Loved it, now if only there was any way to make Highlander: The Source work any better, but i think that might be impossible!

Lovely to resurface for being knee-deep in the V3 update to read your message @ZBM. Makes all the graft worthwhile when you hear that someone has enjoyed your work so much! Great to hear you call out These Are The Days Of Our Lives from the finale. I was really pleased with how that came together. And Headlong has become a favourite of mine as well, despite being a very recent inclusion to the edit.

I’m jealous that you got to experience Highlnader 2 on the big screen back in the day. I was too young to see it myself. Watching it jet-lagged may have been the only way to excuse some of the bizarre editing choices in the Theatrical version! 😄

Thanks again!

Thank you! and now its on my repeat list.... thanks to you and ll the contributors here, starting a dive into the edits

Awesome stuff @ZBM! Many thanks. Great to have you here!

Hey @ZBM I've been here a while and can tell U there is more awesomeness than U can shake a stick at here at the FEORG. Its so inspiring. One day I hope to get my shit together enough to put in some contributions myself. I just wanted to say my hottest picks on here so far are @Gieferg's 'Rambo & Three Effing Bears' as the stand out of his excellent and ongoing 'Grindhoused' series (with the funniest trailers U are likely to see). And then the work of @Wakeupkeo who is the coolest of all the cools on here I think. If U are a Star Wars fan U need to ask them for their B&W version of 'The Blackened Mantle' (goes for all who read this).... I was thinking of doing a Episode 1 serialization until I saw this and realized some things can only be saved with the most extreme of measures.... Japanese is now to me the true language of the Saga from a distant galaxy ;()

May I ask what version of Innuendo are you using? Because to me, it sounds like the 2011 remaster, which isn't the highest quality source for this album.

Hey @YoshiKiller2S! I’m mostly using the original 1991 release for the music. The only track taken from the 2011 remaster is Lost Opportunities, since it was the easiest way for me to get that particular one. I’m aiming for as "authentically 90s" an experience with this edit as I can muster. So figured the original mixes from the time would be most appropriate choice.

Back
Top Bottom