• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows

well, media can always blow things out of proportion, but I dont think its silly to think that each movie gets called darker than the last. It has to do with the source material - the books and the overall story. Each book got darker and more mature, thus each movie must do the same. If you think about all 7 books as one big story, its not strange that it gets darker as it goes along. The story builds up to Harry's final meeting with Voldemort.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Each book got darker and more mature
Ah, but that's just it. Apart from the advent of crushes in Books 3-4, the series gets darker without maturing. There's no mention of sex, no discussion of wartime ethics, nobody gets any kind of PTSD, all mentions of politics are entirely superficial, Harry doesn't face a single moral dilemma in the whole series, and the epilogue is a less mature piece of writing than that of Books 3 and 4. So yeah, it gets darker, especially in the films' lighting and color palettes. But more mature? Hardly. ;-)

you are joking, correct?

no mention of sex? so sex equates maturity? I'm pretty sure turning it into a Danielle Steel novel does not make it mature.

And I'm not sure where you are coming up with lack of wartime ethics or moral dilemmas for Harry. Did you read these books, or are you basing these criticisms solely on the movies?

Yeah, I read 'em. Where did you find discussion of wartime ethics or moral dillemas? :)

To quote Luna:

Exceptionally ordinary

I'd watch this Potter movie:

Another clip, from the same guys:

Yeah, so I saw it today. I really couldn't think of anything in the film I had a problem with. It's my favourite film of the series now. I want to watch it again!

tumblr_ljg4pbqLFR1qcn4azo1_500.jpg

Wow just from the picture you can clearly see that this is not bellatrix,
i must tip my head to WB for this perfect marketing campaign, basically DH 1 was a big trailer that made 950 million dollars. they can market the "final harry potter movie" twice, they don't need to push the trailers, the blu rays will sell like hell because of DH2 footage (i just suppose they will include it) they release many exctended scenes online because they know that people will still buy the dvds and just want to stir up the talk - respect to WB

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 2 Trailer:

I smell a good fanedit in the making for somebody to combine both movies into one. The beginning of the book and the 1st movie both dragged a bit in my opinion.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 2 Final Trailer:

Potentially exciting ... but a lot of spoilers for the casual movie-series watcher.

Side-note: With the crushed highlights that make broad daylight look like late dusk, will there be any image left to see for those wearing polarized 3-D glasses? :oops:

^^ Who wants to watch it in 3-D anyways?! :-o LOL. :lol:

I can't wait
Harry Potter is the only flagship remaining to save this bummer summer

at first, i wasn't as excited bout it. i was pretty much burnt out on the franchise after the Half Blood Prince. mostly cause of the way the film was (they took out a lot and ushered in the whole 'teen romance' angle a lot more than i remembered, so it just felt like a cliff notes verison of the film). however, Deathly Hallows Part 1 was great and definitely lived up to expectations. so it pretty much got me all fired up again for the last of the franchise. (tho, i dont know why they couldnt have had Deathly Hallows be 1 movie instead of 2.)

steelio2006 said:
(tho, i dont know why they couldnt have had Deathly Hallows be 1 movie instead of 2.)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hymie said:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
That sort of mercenary reasoning, from a series authored by a woman who concealed her lack of testicles to boost book sales? Say it ain't so! :p

well, i guess that's what fanedits are for. since there may be someone out there that may decide to edit Deathly Hallows Pt. 1+2 into an 120-180min edit.

steelio2006 said:
well, i guess that's what fanedits are for. since there may be someone out there that may decide to edit Deathly Hallows Pt. 1+2 into an 120-180min edit.
It's something I'm seriously considering, but I want to check out Part 2 first before I make any definite plans on making a Deathly Hallows fanedit.

Back
Top Bottom