• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Handbrake Interlacing issues

Prism_Skywalker

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have tried multiple DVD's with the apps known as MakeMKV and Handbrake and every time have interlace issues for DVD rips, is there specific default settings I can set for DVD? I have interlacing off but I put it into my editor filmora, and no matter what scale theres interlacing.

Every attempt I do for a DVD results in lots of interlace issues when I put the film into Filmora, is filmora dated? Yes but it's what I use, I think it's a disc rip issue, not a software issue; So can someone leave there handbrake rip specs?

Threads merged. Please do not make multiple threads about the same topic. I'd also recommend trying the search function to see if there are any threads or posts on the topic.

I sent you a pm in regard to this prism. Filmora is not a bad program, it's just very limited in functions.

I sent you a pm in regard to this prism. Filmora is not a bad program, it's just very limited in functions.
Feel free to share in the forums as others may have a similar issue in the future. That's one of the main functions of the forums, a living collection of accessible support.

Okay I've had it! I want to re-edit Antman 3, I bought a DVD copy, because that's what I will use but every time I put it through handbrake there's so many problems, with stupid pixels! How do I get the max quality? Dial everything to 11? Sorry I am just really wanting to edit and sick of the stupid program.

Here is what I am currently using:

HandBrake
Filmora X

Handbrake Settings:
Disc is 720x480 so i did 480x30 for transfer
Deinterlace is Default
all of the settings under that are off
FPS - Same As Source
Oh so help me, please.

Last edited:
Here is what I am currently using:

HandBrake
Filmora X

Handbrake Settings:
Disc is 720x480 so i did 480x30 for transfer
Deinterlace is Default
all of the settings under that are off
FPS - Same As Source
Oh so help me, please.
first off, I thought ArtisDead was already helping you?
Is there an issue with whatever support he's given you so far?

in any case, please try and do some tests with shorter clips first. trial and error will surely solve your deinterlace issue.

with regards to quality, I've already made a topic covering handbrake settings. if you want general help with handbrake and I haven't covered it, please reply in that thread asking for tips on getting the type of quality you are after.

@tremault I adjusted all things to your settings from the looks of it, then tested and it won't work for DVD. ;-; I took the footage ripped then dragged into filmora with a 16;9 aspect ratio, Idk what Antman 3 was shot with... Maybe that's the issue?

I mean, just telling us "it won't work" doesn't really give us much to go on. You're going to have to be more forthcoming with details and screenshots or short clips. If we have nothing to look at, we can't help you.

switch the field order?
also, like I said, try a small clip and experiment with the settings. standard deinterlace isn't giving you what you want so change it. ;)

ah, my bad, I just looked at the setting. I've never used deinterlace in handbrake so I assumed it's be the same as last time I did deinterlacing which was over a decade ago. my apologies.
Try a different tool.
My initial recommendation would be virtualdub.

edit:
virtualdub 2.
open file.
video > filters > Add > deinterlace
play with it. you'll have a preview window to see the effect.
save video. choose a non lossy codec ideally, that'll serve you better during your edit process.

Last edited:
Also make sure your rip is actually a true copy and not re-encoding. If you are re-encoding before de-interlacing, the interlacing is already "baked in" to the footage and cannot be removed.

Okay, so what are the sites used round here? Is Handbrake & MakeMKV useful or heavily flawed? I need to break disc copyright to rip it don't i?

I told you what I recommend using.

Use MakeMKV to decrypt and rip the title you want from your Blu-ray without re-encoding.
Then use Avidemux to convert the video from .mkv to .mp4 without re-encoding the video (you may want to re-encode the audio as .aac depending on what your editor can read).

Why are you doing anything with Handbrake before you start editing?

Use MakeMKV to decrypt and rip the title you want from your Blu-ray without re-encoding.
Then use Avidemux to convert the video from .mkv to .mp4 without re-encoding the video (you may want to re-encode the audio as .aac depending on what your editor can read).

Why are you doing anything with Handbrake before you start editing?
They want to deinterlace it.

I know Vegas lets you import interlaced videos, you just have to select the field order

Back
Top Bottom