• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween II: REDUX: Halloween '18 & Halloween Kills combined

nostromo777

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

From the moment I got done watching Halloween Kills, I started constructing a fan edit in my mind, that turned Halloween 2018 and Halloween Kills into one film. I've been working on it for a few months, and its ready to go.

Title at the moment is "Halloween II: Redux" to reflect that i see it as taking the best parts of Halloween II, (H81) Halloween 2018 (H18), and Halloween Kills (H21).

While I enjoyed both H18 and H21, I found that tonally, they both swung too far into the extremes of humor and terror/gore.

Like my "For Your Eyes Only" cut, the idea was to tone down the humor, and replace the modern score with some more *classic* bits of music. Additionally, I wanted to tone down the violence that seemed to revel in showing the audience how gross some of the kills were. Pacing is tighter, subplots that deviate from the core story are trimmed or eliminated. I wanted a good balance of genuinely scary 70-80's slasher movie, without the extremes of the new films. I wanted to to be more fun... but less funny, Scary and violent, but less grim and horrific.

The edit plays H18 and H21 as chronologically as possible. .

The cuts and changes are in the hundreds, but the basic idea is as follows:

Added 70's era Universal logo
Opens with the final minutes of Halloween 1978
Halloween II: Michael lurks the alleys, Loomis waves down the police (Halloween II)
Lonnie gets bullied and encounters Michael, but tighter editing (Halloween Kills)
Hawkins and the other office encounter Michael at the Myers house, Michael is captured (Halloween Kills)
Opening Credits, newly constructed
Podcasters meet Michael at asylum. very shortened, less inmates screaming ( Halloween '18)
Podcasters meet Lori. much shorter. less table-setting with Lori's survival habits.
Cemetery scene removed
restaurant scene shortened
Lori removed from the Michael-gets-on-the-bus scene
The father and son who find the bus scene is shortened. kill is less graphic
Michael's kill during trick-or-treat scene is less graphic
Tommy and crew are introduced right after the trick or treat kill.
Tommy's first scene is shortened. a quick cut flashback of Tommy is added to match that everyone else gets a flashback cut.
Dance scene and babysitter scene is shortened . less humor, less talking.
Big John and little John are introduced after the dance scene
Tommy and crew learn of the murders right after Hawkins is found.
The couple with the drone removed.
Extensive trimming is during the hospital scenes of Halloween kills; the escaped inmate, the lynch mob, all gone.

there is extensive trimming in nearly every scene, to tighten the action and reduce the chatti-ness of everyone.

The running time at the moment is 2 hours 37 minutes, not including the end credits.

Well I for one am absolutely stoked for this! Any Halloween edit is an A+ in my book! Keep us posted! Thanks!

I have a potential release candidate. Anyone interested in watching on the condition that you watch a provide feedback?

Hey there. This cut is ready for feedback, but I havent recieved any takers to watch. I plan on putting this out for academy review soon. any takers on offering feedback?

I had a quick peek at this edit and it could be the only way I ever revisit HALLOWEEN KILLS! The scenes removed help tremendously with the pacing and the way the movie is integrated with HALLOWEEN 2018 makes for a much more satisfying watch.

I’m looking forward to this one

I had a quick peek at this edit and it could be the only way I ever revisit HALLOWEEN KILLS! The scenes removed help tremendously with the pacing and the way the movie is integrated with HALLOWEEN 2018 makes for a much more satisfying watch.
Thanks! sorry I havent been posting... life got crazy.

I would love to see this if you could message me my friend! I will definitely give feedback!

Wicked good fun! Definitely on the Halloween Playlist. Review forthcoming! Thanks for the preview almost in time for last Halloween! 😉

This edit was fantastic... I really, REALLY enjoyed his cut! Hands down the best way to watch these films!

My only critiques are:

1. The gore was turned out too much in some area, which made the scene feel like it cut too quickly (Like when he stabs the girl through the throat in front of the window) - I like the idea of turning the gore down a bit, however it is a Halloween movie and there is still a scene in the edit of Michael Myers poking the dude's eye balls out.

2. The scene with Michael Myers killing the old couple and picking a knife out was cut.

3. The lip sync gets off track 3-4 times at the end of the movie.

That being said, I only state the critiques because I am giving honest feedback. But at the end of the day, this guy seriously did justice to the movie... SERIOUSLY!

thanks!

1. I just wanted to reduce the cumulative amount of gore. There is still plenty of gore, but there's no rules about how much gore I decided to keep and what I wanted to remove. Regarding the cut being "too quick", I made the choice because : the violence is left to your imagination,... and I didn't care for the lingering shot of CGI with CGI blood. The eye gouging is left in because its a practical effect, its near the end of the movie... where the intensity is higher.

2. yes it is. I actually did a lot of work editing that scene down, trying to make it less jokey... but ultimately decided the entire scene had no narrative purpose. I don't think there's any reason to show him getting a knife. The kill is brutal, and really shows how sadistic Michael is...… but otherwise does not move the story forward, nor does any other character care about it. is your concern that i failed to mention that in the change notes?

3. thanks! ill take a look. adobe premiere seems to screw that up, if I change the audio output device

Last edited:
Your points are valid my guy. I do hope you didn't take offense to my feedback, I was just putting it all out there. :)
And goshhh, Adobe Premiere can be such a nightmare! This I know!
You did an amazing job with the film, bud! Nothing but respect!
Stay blessed!

Is this normal? ive had a rush of people who joined the forums and immediately requested links.

I am very interested in taking a look at what you have done. I really dont like the way the 2018-2022 where released in the correct order. To me it seems like parts of kills should have been in 2018 and vise verse.

I am very interested in taking a look at what you have done. I really dont like the way the 2018-2022 where released in the correct order. To me it seems like parts of kills should have been in 2018 and vise verse.
PM for details. links aren't posted in the forums.

Back
Top Bottom