• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 - Xandarian Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both?

Just barely in time for the third film, I've gone back and remade one of my earliest fanedits. I still get messages every once in a while for this one, and what better time than now to edit this together!

I do wish there was more I could add in, but the majority of the deleted scenes are unfinished as Rocket and Groot are all CG.

ADDITIONS:

- added Gamora and Nebula having a fight/argument just before Gamora leaves for Xandar
- finished VFX in 3 shots for previous scene, removing supports for the set dressing
- added Gamora killing her Sakaaran entourage, so that she goes to Xandar solo
- finished VFX in 2 shots in previous scene, fixing the view out the window into space, and the digital Sakaaran face
- added John C. Reilly and Peter Serafinowicz discussing the Kyln prison before sending Quill, Rocket, Groot and Gamora there
- finished VFX in 1 shot, as the lineup VFX was still temp VFX
- added the guard who stole Pete's walkman dancing along to an all-new song
- extended moment with the prisoners taking Gamora out to kill her
- added a new mid-credits scene, with Grandpa Quill staring up at the stars, hoping that his grandson is out there somewhere
- custom Marvel title card at the end of the credits

Theatrical - 02:00:43
Xandarian - 02:03:49

uxkgFZw.png

I was just musing that there weren't any Guardians of the Galaxy edits.
In fact, the only MCU movies that seemingly didn't have fan edits were both Ant-Man movies and the 2 Guardians movies.. until you decided to tackle all of them recently!

I'm always a fan of your extended editions. Definitely want to check this one out!

Is Guardians 2 next? Or is there not enough material to work with? 🤷‍♂️

Is Guardians 2 next? Or is there not enough material to work with? 🤷‍♂️

I don't have any predictable patterns, so there is no next, only a freeflowing stream of concepts or something.

And there aren't too many deleted scenes anyway. They aren't finished and I'm not the biggest fan of 2/4 anyway so it doesn't really seem like there's much of a point to do it.

That extended Drax/Mantis scene is great though. Their bits really shouldn't have been cut, especially the part where she confides about her relationship to Peter, which later became canon.

I've just seen this. I kinda wish you added that digital censor part for Quill's "machine" since it's kinda funny. There is one alternate line delivery for Rocket and the fountain water so I could give you a link for that. Someone did an edit of Rocket dropping F-bombs, but that video is now gone. I have it with me and I can give you one example with the actual editor credit. I think James really wanted Rocket to say "Let's see if you can laugh after 5 or 6 good shots IN YOUR FUCKING FACE!", but couldn't because he was with Disney and there were restrictions...until Vol. 3. And another line about Rocket talking about Kyln, but that's without one of the deleted scenes.
What do you think?

Someone did an edit of Rocket dropping F-bombs, but that video is now gone. I have it with me and I can give you one example with the actual editor credit. I think James really wanted Rocket to say "Let's see if you can laugh after 5 or 6 good shots IN YOUR FUCKING FACE!", but couldn't because he was with Disney and there were restrictions...until Vol. 3.

You reminded me I have that video saved and I went back and updated the audio track to include that one line. The other edited ones sounded odd and didn't really fit. Love that edit, and it includes an F-bomb for Vol. 2 as well, if I ever edit it.

I also found that there was part of a deleted scene from GOTG 2 that was included in the Marvel Legends Mantis short (Disney+ recap edits) before being removed and recut as it was somewhat of a spoiler for the Holiday Special.

Is it usable? Maybe not, but still very interesting.

And here's a 40 minute discussion of the edit! I didn't intend for it to be so long, but it just happened to turn out that way. I swear I didn't ramble on about unrelated stuff, I was mostly on topic about GOTG. Fun times!

^40 minutes is long, but that was some good stuff. I really liked your idea for John C. Reilly as the former rock star of the Nova Corps. I too was hoping they revisit those character in the eventual film (and that they bring back Thanos to show his invasion/destruction of Xander Prime that was left out of Infinity War)!
My 2 cents: if you just include the "cutlist", I don't need to hear the description of what was included in the edit, just what wasn't. What's interesting to me is the reasoning behind what was done, the sort of editing process/philosophy you have.

^40 minutes is long, but that was some good stuff. I really liked your idea for John C. Reilly as the former rock star of the Nova Corps. I too was hoping they revisit those character in the eventual film (and that they bring back Thanos to show his invasion/destruction of Xander Prime that was left out of Infinity War)!
My 2 cents: if you just include the "cutlist", I don't need to hear the description of what was included in the edit, just what wasn't. What's interesting to me is the reasoning behind what was done, the sort of editing process/philosophy you have.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! 40 minutes is long, but glad you enjoyed it! My silly John C Reilly idea is a bit of fun, but I could absolutely imagine something like that happening. Hopefully they bring him back in a future film.

And thanks for the feedback! Do you like how I breakdown the editing of the scenes themselves, or moreso why they were included/how they change the film due to their inclusion. I can see how this one got up there in the runtime and hopefully I don't make them too long unless warrented of course!

Both! Personally, as something with very little editing experience, I'm more interested in story construction, themes, characterizations, etc. (I agree for example that dropping F-bombs in for Rocket is just juvenile, but that one in GotG V2 would actually play so much better than the theatrical workaround.) But I can see how active faneditors would be more interested in the technical aspects such as switching software.

Back
Top Bottom