• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Gravity

I already learned the part of the film by accident, when a friend of mine at a party yelled out how she thought
Bullock should have died instead of Clooney.
And that because of that, the film was terrible in her own opinion. She doubts the film will win anything at all.

I will finally get to see it in Ultrascreen 3D tomorrow.

emanswfan said:
I already learned the part of the film by accident, when a friend of mine at a party yelled out how she thought
Bullock should have died instead of Clooney.
And that because of that, the film was terrible in her own opinion. She doubts the film will win anything at all.

I will finally get to see it in Ultrascreen 3D tomorrow.

well it stands to debate if it will win the big awards like directing and movie but it will for sure win loads of camera and special effects awards that is a given

Saw it in IMAX 3D, its about as close as I'll ever get to being in space. Definitely a fun movie.

I felt vindicated: (extremely minor spoiler ahead, not even really worth spoiler tags but I'll put em there just in case)
as initially I felt like I was biased from Apollo 13 and that Houston - Mission Control just sounded like Ed Harris but it actually was Ed Harris!

Saw it again today in IMAX 3D. Brought along my favorite Girl Scout Cookies, had a spectacular time. The 3D doesn't quite top Avatar (IMO) but it was really amazing.

Good, you didn't tell us what your favorite Girl Scout Cookies is - less explanation, more mystery.:p

But I do wonder what your favorite is. Could change the way I view your credibility.

Saw the film yesterday in 3D.

It didn't do it for me sadly.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate it on a technical level and from a technical point of view the film is excellent.

But because of the increasingly implausible story I wasn't emotionally enganged with the film and actually stopped caring about the characters.

Which brings me to another point. There aren't any characters in this film, just film stars being film stars.

George Clooney was just George Clooney in this film. He didn't feel like an astronaut or like a character, it felt like he just turned up did his George Clooney thing and that was that.

Sandra Bullock had a bit more to do, but the same goes for her. She was just doing her Sandra Bullock thing.

I think this film would of been better served with unknowns playing the leads. The spectacle is clearly the star of the film and having A-List actors just doing their A-List thing really took away from the film for me.

I get that this film is all about being an immersive experience, but for a film to work it has to abide within it's own rules. Gravity presents itself as a realistic film but becomes so absurd any immersion the films achieves at the start is lost. Well for me anyway.

Saw it this weekend in 3D and am regretting I did not see while it was still at IMAX in 3D (Thor has taken over there). I agree with criticisms about the thinness of the characters, but as an experience, it's pretty incredible, the best use of 3D and CGI I've ever seen. On the realism side, I pretty much agree with the Bad Astronomy guy who details all of its inaccuracies but still says, "go see it immediately!"

Gaith said:
I thought the whole melodrama aspect of Ryan's kid was a tad overcooked, but I guess it wanted to really connect with general/women-heavy audiences.

I disagree with every word in this sentence.

Highlights from Alfonso Cuaron's Reddit AMA.

I’m very happy that scientists have taken time to attack or defend GRAVITY. We tried to be as plausible as we could in the frame of our fiction and we worked very hard in honoring the behavior of bodies in micro-gravity and no resistance. But, it’s a movie and... Sandra Bullock is not really an Astronaut in real life.

There used to be only one paradigm: the experience of going to the theaters. Later on, that paradigm was dual: people would watch movies in the cinema and also on TV. Later on came home video and now we have all these different formats. There used to be only be visuals, then there came sound, and then color. Now we’re making the transition into the digital formats where everybody can have affordable systems in their homes. What I believe is that, because of the new ways of production and distribution, multiple paradigms are going to be created. They are going to co-exist. Each one of these paradigms is going to constantly evolve and go in many different directions. I think all of this is very exciting because it’s going to challenge our current conceptions of cinema in which the format of experience of film and/or the length are going to very diverse.

I think the digital formats have reached an amazing level of resolution and it’s definitely the future of cinema as all the tools are only as good as the creative people that uses them.

Once I finish a film I don’t ever see it again. As I have said many times before, as opposed to some of my friends that consider their films like their babies, for me my films are like ex-wives. I loved them so much, they loved me so much, I gave them so much, they gave me so much- but now we have parted ways. But I do have a very fond memory of A Little Princess. In terms of favorite films and directors, I am unable to do lists. When I do a supermarket list, I end up getting everything except what I need.

I loved Sharknado and I can’t wait for the sequel.

I absolutely love HER. I think it’s the best film about love that speaks directly to an age since ANNIE HALL. It’s a beautiful film that also explores questions about the nature of love and consciousness. But, as I told Spike, I’m torn between HER and BAD GRANDPA.

All I want to know is if there's a making-of doc on the BD.

TV's Frink said:
All I want to know is if there's a making-of doc on the BD.

Here's what blu-ray.com sez:

The Blu-ray edition of Gravity is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround. Both the 2D and 3D Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet combo pack releases feature the following extras:

• Collision Point: The Race to Clean Up Space (Narrated by Ed Harris)
  • Aningaaq - A short film by Jonás Cuarón with optional introduction
  • Gravity Mission Control
    • It Began With A Story
    • Initial Challenges: Long Shots And Zero G
    • Previsualizing Gravity
    • The Hues of Space
    • Physical Weightlessness
    • Space Tech
    • Sandra and George: A Pair in Space
    • Final Animation
    • Complete Silence
  • Shot Breakdowns
    • Behind the Visor
    • Fire in the International Space Station
    • Dr. Stone's Rebirth
    • The Sound of Action in Space
    • Splashdown - Shot Breakdowns
  • Sandra's Surprise!

Wow, that's amazingly well done.

just bought and copied the diamond luxe edtion to my hdd.
it shows 4 seperate movies.
my problem I cant figure out which is the "silent space" version

Back
Top Bottom