• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GotG2: Pruned Edition

Great video @"rb", I look forward to seeing your edit as it'll most likely be the version I'll rewatch besides my own Extended Edition. 

Has anyone ever told you that you sound like JG Quintel? (Creator and voice actor for Regular Show) Beacuse you really remind me of him

Edit is now up on on ifdb and released.

It's very good, check it out people.

rocketraccoon-600x400.jpg

watching your short video intro there back on the previous page, i think your commentary track would be entertaining to listen to.
i can't speak for everyone here, but i'm a huge fan of commentary tracks.
it's fun to hear the thinking behind each change.  but more-so, i think it's fun to hear our members' personalities beyond our own written (typed) words here.

TM2YC said:
Edit is now up on on ifdb and released.

It's very good, check it out people.

Thank you so much! :)

Update: Well I went and goofed again, immediately editing the Information tab and sending the listing back into moderation for another week or so. Thank you for your patience @TM2YC and everyone for your interest.

rb said:
I went and goofed again, immediately editing the Information tab and sending the listing back into moderation for another week or so.

I've been away all week but I've republished the listing now.

Awesome! The Pruned Edition is now my go-to version for GOTG2. I like it so much, I'm making the English subtitles for it. I'll post the .srt file here in a few days.

When I consider my own limited attempts at fan-editing, I can't believe this is your first project! Compliments and congratulations. Lining up all dialog in the subtitle file, I'm seeing all your cuts. I'm impressed with the audio shifts across video cuts to keep the natural flow and to enable more time cut without losing any relevant narrative.

My one request for your next projects: keep the audio track higher resolution to allow better bass and dynamic range.

@lapis molari Thank you very much, and that's neat of you to rebuild the subs. 

I've received a few helpful comments about the soundmix, next go round will be better for sure. My big goof with GotG2 was compressing the video and audio to begin with. I wasn't thinking about quality at that stage, or any technical aspects other than "will this even open in my video editor?" Things went smoothly and it became a project worth sharing, and then came my belated education in how not to stuff up a project. I've since reripped the BluRay and separated the Dolby tracks, but attempts to replace files in my existing edit have predictably scrambled and desynced things in ways I'm discouraged from tinkering with. More interested in applying lessons learned to the next thing! :)  So again, thanks! The audio fidelity will be improved in future.

UPDATE: English language subtitles for GOTG2: Pruned Edition are included with the film. No separate srt file is needed.

Having completed the subs rebuild, and in the process having seen probably every edit in the Pruned Edition, I want to add a praise for the Pruned Edition: the 100+ edits not only keep but improve the flow of the narrative. And from all of them there were maybe 5 cuts where small bits of dialog were lost that I thought could have been kept in. None of them would have been game-changers, merely "oh, that was a nice line".

@"rb", can you add this to the movie file so everyone who doesn't find this post still gets the subs?

Out of curiosity: which software do you use to shift the audio relative to the video? I'm using TMPGenc and Audacity but it's laborious.

@"lapis molari" Stellar! Yes, I'd be honored to add it. 

As a transcriptionist and proofreader by trade I more than appreciate the work. The dollar value is significant. Thank you. Please PM me! 

(If you don't mind, the file will be bundled into and hosted with the fanedit and retitled to auto-sync with VLC Player or be manually added via other players, rather than embedded in the MP4 itself -- to this end, I'd really love you to republish the SRT with a credit to yourself at the start and end, ideally the 0:06~0:10 and 1:58:21~ marks. Also, in case we don't correspond by PM, please allow a few weeks before it's officially listed on IFDB, as each profile edit puts the page into moderation and will be inaccessible during that time.)

theryaney said:
Cover I made:

artboard-copy-74.png

That is a really nice looking cover. Great work, theryaney. If possible, any chance you could make a bluray version of it? Most DVD covers I like, I just resize on my own but the criterion info that wraps around makes it impossible for me.

thecuddlyninja said:
That is a really nice looking cover. Great work, theryaney. If possible, any chance you could make a bluray version of it? Most DVD covers I like, I just resize on my own but the criterion info that wraps around makes it impossible for me.

Thanks. :)

Here you go:
artboard-copy-1211.png

theryaney said:
thecuddlyninja said:

Thanks. :)

Here you go:

That's awesome of you. Thank you very much!

Beautiful work! *Edit: Always in favor of an outside party for marketing. You see what I don't with blinders and so forth. Thank you.

Blipps said:
someone pm me a link would really be appreciated!

Please read the rules:

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Your post in the other thread has been deleted. Do not do this again. Just PM the editor.

Back
Top Bottom