• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Godzilla Vs The World:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Godzilla Vs The World:

Surprisingly, a good edit. I honestly want to like both films, but they have too many bad qualities to formally recommend watching them separate. I thought the inclusion of the intro scene being the only scene from Godzilla (2014) was genius, and was actually the best part of this edit. There were a few little choppy moments of the video in this scene, but probably just from the render though.

After this scene comes KOTM. This part of the edit tries to help fix the boring human story of KOTM, but I just don't think anybody can accomplish that. If I had any criticism for the edit's version of KOTM it would be a few things.
1st, some of the characters were kind of just introduced without any knowledge of to who they were, mainly involving everybody in the whole main family.
2nd, and idk if this was the just the render or not, but somehow the cgi looked worse than I remembered. It was so bad that it distracted from the narrative. I don't blame the edit for this, because the cgi in the original movies were already bad enough.
3rd, some of the inserted fonts used seems a little cheap, and did not seem like it worked for a Godzilla movie.
Lastly, and this is just a suggestion, I would honestly remove more of the human stuff from the KOTM section, as it's just plain boring no matter how many times anybody tries to watch it. Trimming it down AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE to let the kaiju fights happen should be imperative.

Overall, this is definitely an improvement from the 2 individual movies, and I would recommend it. A tighter edit on the human story would definitely help though to make this a vastly greater experience for this franchise.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/godzilla-vs-the-world/discussions/11613/

Back
Top Bottom