• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ghostbusters 2 - Death is But A Door

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another GB2 extended cut?

Last year, Sony released another GB box-set with all new deleted scenes for both GB1 and 2. The first film got 90 minutes of unedited footage, and the workprint released, with damn near almost all deleted material being in this set. While the 2nd film got a healthy dose of new deleted scenes, there's still a bit missing. However, I still got to work in integrating what I could, and trying to make the longest cut with what was on the discs.

A lot of the "scenes" were simply alternate angles or line deliveries, which is extremely odd they would present these as scenes. None-the-less, there still is some interesting stuff worth adding in.

ADDITIONS

- alternate 'World of the Psychic' program, with new guests and less doomsday talk
- added Pete and Dana outside her apartment, trying to reminice about the good times
- added Dana asking the boys why these terrible things always happen to her, with Egon trying to scientifically reason it
- added a line from Ray as him and Pete leave the coffee shop when Egon is caught by the cop
- added slightly longer moment with Yanosh at Dana's apartment
- added Dana saying its all her fault Pete and the guys are in court, with Peter saying he'll be okay
- added slightly longer take of Louis addressing the court
- added Louis trying to catch Slimer with a spare proton pack
- added alternate version of Ray, Egon and Winston asking Pete to join them in the sewer, now set in his apartment and not outside on the street
- added a few extra pieces of dialogue in the Mayor's office from all 4 GBs, and HardOn
- added the GBs in Parkview Psychiatric Hospital, knowing that they're stuck and unable to break out
- added Louis talking to his cousin, who is a doctor and may be able to get them released
- cut the Mayor firing his assistant, and getting the Ghostbusters released from the psyche ward (Louis gets them out in this cut, and the assistant reappears later)
- added Ray and Pete talking to the Fire Chief, who hasn't been able to break the slime mold
- added Louis running back to the firehouse, telling Jenine that the GBs need him
- added HardOn yelling at the GBs to leave the museum, while they all talk to the Mayor about what to do, with his assistant meeting an alternate fate...
- added an extended dialogue scene with the GBs in Lady Liberty while they walk through the river
- added the GBs trying to hype up New Yorkers with 'Higher and Higher' as they approach the shore
- added a few lines reuniting Dana and Pete after the Vigo fight

There's a lot of new stuff compared to my old cut, so hopefully it's worth the upgrade.

I'm upscaling too, as a lot of the scenes look not great, and it makes a bit of a difference, but not everything is perfect.

03-This-is-Hard-For-Me-m2ts-00-00-43-18-Still001.jpg

GB2-video-00-20-09-22-Still021.jpg

13-Had-Me-By-The-Throat-m2ts-00-00-09-16-Still001.jpg

GB2-video-01-13-20-17-Still022.jpg

14-Louis-Cousin-m2ts-00-00-59-03-Still001.jpg

GB2-video-01-25-25-23-Still023.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think the changes actually improve the movie, or was this more just an exercise to see what the longest version would be like regardless of quality?

I love Ghostbusters 2, especially with the deleted scenes! Has your Time Is But A Window edit been updated as well, or just this one? Nevertheless, I'm very interested in watching.

I love Ghostbusters 2, especially with the deleted scenes! Has your Time Is But A Window edit been updated as well, or just this one? Nevertheless, I'm very interested in watching.

I'm keeping them seperate, so that you can watch the original 2020 edit, or this 2023 version. Same with my two Thor: Ragnarok edits. There's enough different stuff between them that this is more than an update, and more-so it's own edit.

Do you think the changes actually improve the movie, or was this more just an exercise to see what the longest version would be like regardless of quality?

There's more Louis Tully in this cut, and I love him, so I think it's better if we're using Rick Moranis as a measure of improvement.
But there is also some more stuff for the Mayor and his assistant in the third act which is good, some more context for how they got the Statue of Liberty and a comeuppance for Kurt Fuller too.
An ideal version of this film would have a few more of the unreleased deleted scenes, but I'm hoping for another-another boxset next year for the Frozen Empire/GB1 40th Anniversary with even more stuff, but we'll see!

Excited to watch this. Sent a PM to Bobson Dugnutt. Would love to watch!

Last edited:
@sa , @cosmicboy_76 , @DKZ-330 , welcome to FE! The accepted way to request a link is by contacting the faneditor with a PM, not in the forum threads. Thank you for cooperating.

@Bobson Dugnutt , your vimeo links above appear broken. Can you update them? I'd love to see some clips that are unique to this edit. :cool:

@sa , @cosmicboy_76 , @DKZ-330 , welcome to FE! The accepted way to request a link is by contacting the faneditor with a PM, not in the forum threads. Thank you for cooperating.

@Bobson Dugnutt , your vimeo links above appear broken. Can you update them? I'd love to see some clips that are unique to this edit. :cool:
Thanks for letting me know. Updated my post and sent a PM :)

Back
Top Bottom