• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Game of Thrones: An Honorable Cut

Gotedits11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
View media item 756
Game of Thrones: An Honorable Cut was made as an alternative way of watching the Game of Thrones series with all the gratuitous sex, nudity, torture, weak storylines, and overall cheapness taken out. Please message me if you would like a D/L link.

I have taken all 8 seasons of Game of Thrones and edited it down into 30 “chapters”, each the length of a feature length movie, ranging from 1:30 to 2:14 hours. Each “chapter” focuses on the stories of a select few characters, with an overarching theme given in the title of the chapter. I have made sure to tell the story in a linear fashion that makes sense in itself and keep everything that is best about the series in. This does not mean I’ve taken out all sex, nudity and violence, because sometimes it is justifiable to keep the story going, and sometimes it has a strong dramatic effect. I have mainly taken it out when it cheapens the effect, or makes for weak storytelling.

Overall I have cut the series down from 4214 minutes to 3151 minutes, roughly trimmed it by about 25%.

I’d recommend watching this if you’ve either:
Seen the Game of Thrones series and you want to rewatch it, but don’t want to relive all the cheap, ridiculousness and silly plot points of seasons 6-8 and all the gratuitous sex, torture and nudity of seasons 1-5.
Haven’t seen the Game of Thrones series, and you’re into fantasy series’ like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, but you’re put off by some of the criticism that the show has had about sexual violence/rape scenes and poor writing towards the end. This new edit can’t undo some of the bad writing of seasons 7 - 8. The reason why these seasons weren’t as good was mainly down to too much happening to quickly, and it is impossible to fix that through cutting, I have instead kept all the strongest material from these seasons that keeps the story going, and taken out all the extra bits.

I don’t know how to submit fan edits to this website - this is the first thing I’ve done, so please PM me for a download link/let me know how I can submit this somehow.

Here is an overview of the chapters:
Chapter 1: Truth - Season 1 (1:42)
Chapter 2: Danger - Season 1 (1:39)
Chapter 3: Cripples - Season 1 (1:36)
Chapter 4: Mercy - Season 1 + 2 (1:52)
Chapter 5: Ashes - Season 1 + 2 (2:10)
Chapter 6: Kings - Season 2 (2:08)
Chapter 7: Undying - Season 2 (1:50)
Chapter 8: Chains - Season 2 + 3 (1:34)
Chapter 9: Chaos - Season 3 (1:55)
Chapter 10: Oathbreakers - Season 3 (2:13)
Chapter 11: Fidelity - Season 3 + 4 (1:41)
Chapter 12: Family - Season 3 + 4 (1:36)
Chapter 13: Mutineers - Season 4 (1:49)
Chapter 14: Vengeance - Season 4 (1:30)
Chapter 15: Betrayal - Season 4 (1:31)
Chapter 16: Loyalty - Season 4 + 5 (1:40)
Chapter 17: Faith - Season 5 (1:34)
Chapter 18: Abandonment - Season 5 (1:42)
Chapter 19: Sacrifice - Season 5 (1:40)
Chapter 20: Atonement - Season 5 + 6 (1:36)
Chapter 21: Power - Season 5 + 6 (1:35)
Chapter 22: Reflections - Season 6 (1:41)
Chapter 23: War - Season 6 (1:32)
Chapter 24: Fire - Season 6 (1:37)
Chapter 25: Queens - Season 7 (1:49)
Chapter 26: Children - Season 7 (1:53)
Chapter 27: Lies - Season 7 (2:14)
Chapter 28: Death - Season 8 (1:48)
Chapter 29: Fear - Season 8 (1:53)
Chapter 30: Liberation - Season 8 (1:34)

Last edited:
I will be interested in this at some point (after the pandemic). I think my dad would like the show, but he isn't a fan of gratuitous sex and nudity. Frankly, it would also be odd watching that stuff with him.  Do you have subtitles for the non-English dialogue?

Solemn.Philosopher said:
I will be interested in this at some point (after the pandemic). I think my dad would like the show, but he isn't a fan of gratuitous sex and nudity. Frankly, it would also be odd watching that stuff with him.  Do you have subtitles for the non-English dialogue?

Hi there,

Yes I do have subtitles for all the non-English dialogue hard coded to the videos throughout, though no general subtitles for english dialogue at all. Please send me a PM if you would like the link.

The original videos I put up were in SD so I have now taken them down to replace them with HD versions of the chapters. So far I've uploaded chapters 1 to 10. The other chapters are ready for export, but I haven't uploaded them yet, they'll be uploaded by the end of July. I'm sure for anyone starting now, once they've finished chapter 10, all of the chapters will have been uploaded.

Thanks

Hi "Gotedits11" I've moved this thread to the In The Works area. To submit an edit you'll want to contact TM2YC who is the academy liason. He'll help you get the submitting form and then your edit will be transferred to the pending area. When ever you aren't sure of a next step or have a question please don't hesitate to PM a staff member.

The day is finally here! All chapters in HD are now uploaded, please give me a PM if you'd like your copy.

Thanks

Edit submitted, thread moved to Pending Approval.

I have finally finished watching this almost a year later. Its exactly what the editor says it is, more honorable. The blurays each now sit in the cases with the originals and will be the preferred watch. Thank you so much for this!

Last edited:
I have finally finished watching this almost a year later. Its exactly what the editor says it is, more honorable. The blurays each now sit in the cases with the originals and will be the preferred watch. Thank you so much for this!
in that case, is the edit approved?

I need to go back and watch at least one episode, before making that decision.

Another editor who waited two years to be reviewed has dissappeared. This is very sad. These edits were very good. They removed the most egregious sexual elements and violence and made a far more palatable viewing experience for those who were put off by the excess.

Another editor who waited two years to be reviewed has dissappeared. This is very sad. These edits were very good. They removed the most egregious sexual elements and violence and made a far more palatable viewing experience for those who were put off by the excess.
Are they approvable in their current state or need work?

I tried to reach them for a current version at both forums. They haven't been active for over a year. I would prefercto watch the first couple of episodes before answering that question.

I tried to reach them for a current version at both forums. They haven't been active for over a year. I would prefercto watch the first couple of episodes before answering that question.
I believe i have the hd versions from july 2020

@Gotedits11 hasn't visited the site in a year. If there is no reply in a week please let me know guys. Thanks.

I reached out to them at OT, as well. Heavisyde might have a Reddit contact with them?

Back
Top Bottom