• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Galaxy Quest: The Series

I'm kinda disapointed this thread wasn't about a Movie-to-TV edit by MG but anyway...

I'm not totally convinced about this idea. A strong part of the movie was watching these self-obsessed actors, turn around and become real heroes when the chips were down. I can't see that arc working across a long running TV show. Either the actors want to be home (Funny), or want to be in space (Heroic), it can't be both. Unless there is some plot device compelling them to stay aboard the ship? So they have to save the day, but are p*ssed off while doing it.

yeah, I love the movie, but I can see this being a huge let-down. I hope I'm wrong though.

GQ is one of my all time faves and I think as a tv show it could have great potential, but casting will be pivotal. Though, I was thinking the concept might work better and go further, if the tv show cast was transported to a parallel universe where the tv show was real, and they have to deal with all crazy, illogical sci-fi plots and villains from their fictional adventures. :D

I just thought, if they spoof the ST:Voyager setup, that'd work. A bunch of washed up actors having to pilot a ship back from the Delta quadrant would sustain a TV show.

Hm. Yeah, dunno about this... we'll see...

TM2YC said:
I just thought, if they spoof the ST:Voyager setup, that'd work. A bunch of washed up actors having to pilot a ship back from the Delta quadrant would sustain a TV show.

Tommy: Careful. If I hold down the turbo button too long, we'll turn in to reptiles!

Alexander: That's absurd! It would never work that way. Even our writers apologized for that one.

Mathesar: They speak of the apocrypha...

Back
Top Bottom